Sleep mode lockup

xerxes

Is there anyway to fix the sleep mode makes CM lockup problem (this is on a mac). Same issue in CMBB, when my mac laptop goes to sleep mode, CM locks up and I have to reboot. Mac OS 9.2 btw. The lockup only occurs when in a battle, not on the main menu.

I've learned to live with it but it would be nice if CM didn't do this.

Originally posted by xerxes:

Is there anyway to fix the sleep mode makes CM lockup problem (this is on a mac). Same issue in CMBB, when my mac laptop goes to sleep mode, CM locks up and I have to reboot. Mac OS 9.2 btw. The lockup only occurs when in a battle, not on the main menu.

I've learned to live with it but it would be nice if CM didn't do this.

Matt posted somewhere yesterday that this issue is the same for CMBO and CMBB and that it will NEVER be fixed or resolved by BFC in anyway. The suggestion was to turn off or reconfigure sleep (so it does not sleep) as they are not going to fix this one.

I'm not sure where Matt said this but it was posted yesterday.

this is it:

"Madmatt

Administrator

Member # 332

posted October 17, 2002 05:50 PM

Suspend Mode (or sleep mode) and CM (BO and BB) don't mix. They never have, they never will.

Madmatt

--------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing"

-tom w

[ October 18, 2002, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

I have had problems with all games that are left mid game and the computer has gone to sleep. I suspect that the drivers for the video card get corrupt after a while and the machine needs to be restarted. My iMac 400 is left running for days on end (cycling in and out of sleep mode) which seems to be okay for things like Outlook and IE, but is incompatible with games.

Yes it would be nice if it could be fixed, but I suspect its as much or more a OS problem as an issue with the game.

Yeah, same thing happens to me on my Mac laptop, and not just CMBO, any game. Probably is a combo of the OS having a hard time keeping all of that info from a game straight during sleep mode, and the game software being idle for too long. Game software is constantly on the move, constantly changing, right? Input from the player, output from the comp, etc., much more so than say Outlook or a word processing prog, only makes sense that being idle for too long isn't the games preferred state.

Ok, dumb question time.

How the heck do you turn sleep mode off on a mac laptop (OS 9.2)? Is there a corner I can put the mouse to disable sleep mode?

I hate it when I've spent 20 mins plotting a turn and I have to go take care of something and when I come back it's locked up and I have to replot.