Auto grenade thrower ammo

well a simple google search told me that PPHE is "programmable"... means that PPHE can be used to produce airbursts it seems. thats why they start useing that ammo becouse its more effective.

HE(DP->dual purpose) seems to be designed to be used on light skined vehicles also, and not exclusively on soft targets like the PPHE most probably is.

now if you run a test and let the granade launcher shoot at a BTR or humvee or so, they should use HEDP first, if the target is soft, like infantry they should use PPHE first.

Ok thanks...

BTW: IN the thread I found this:

"The GMG has to be dismounted to see the airburst (PPHE) in the ammo tab, and the crew only seems to use it once HEDP is depleted, even against personnel targets. Once they start using PPHE it looks just like small mortar airbursts with the dust kicked up underneath."

I also found that HEDP is depleted first when I was shooting at inf or buildings (haven't tried it on vehicles yet).

Good to know that the PPHE is at least as effective and probably more so. (I was running out of the HEDP reloads.)

BTW: Are we certain that PPHE is for anti-personnel work only, while HEDP is useful vs vehicles.

Am thinking of only loading PPHE when enemy vehicles are not a problem. Otherwise, it seems a waste that the AI uses HEDP first until it runs out.