Final 1.01 observations / bugs

Finishing up my last 1.01 game before upgrading and I noticed some oddities.

1) The UK moved their gov't to Canada after the island was taken. After I took Ottawa, and Canada surrendered, All of Canada belonged to the UK and not Germany! Is this by design ie the UK "takes over" Canada? I thought the only UK territory was Ottawa due to it being surrounded by border markings.

2) The loop from Winnipeg to Calgary . . I sent a tank through and it came out next to Vancouver! Quite a ways from Calgary! Is this by design as well? I'd had to backtrack a few turns to take Calgary.

3) After the surender of the UK, I found a French ?! Battleship hiding in one of the ports in Africa (Meer or something like that) It was the Paris! France Surrendered YEARS before (and no vichy) Is the battleship still there because it was in the UK port when France surrendered?

4) I do like how India, and Australia etc fought on after the UK surrendered!

5) When I landed troops on US soil, there was some very strange behaviour from the AI. The General and Tank group formed went to the gulf and boarded amphib transports! Worse still when I caught the transports, it looked like they were heading for the east coast where I had 6 subs blockading ie it seemed like they were trying to liberate Boston via an amphib assault ? ? ? Maybe they were headed for the UK / Europe / Africa but either way, the AI should have rushed the units to the east coast for defence and not put them in amphib transports

There was another note or two I scribbled down, but I forgot the piece of paper at home! :o

1. This is by design when the UK transfers its government to Canada

2. Looking at the v1.02 scripts it looks correct but let me know if this still happens under the latest release.

3. Was this a Free French Battleship?

5. Ok I think I found the problem and made an adjustment.

There can still be Free French even if Vichy isn't formed, so I wonder if this explains the existence of the French Battleship you noticed?

I never noticed any other "Free French" in my game, but under the description of the battleship, it said "France". Would a "Free french" battleship not say "Free France?

There is a script called FREE UNITS that handles this for any of the specified countries for when they surrender. Some are random at let's say a 20% chance that units will become FREE if they make it to alternative friendly territory before the nation surrenders while others are set at 100% for units like the British Indian Navy so they can continue to fight for the UK once India surrenders.

If you open the Editor and take a look at this script for the particular campaign you'll get a better idea on how it works and to which nations it applies.

Hope this helps,

Hubert