Uncon fighters "hit the wall", literally (Bug?)

I ran across the following oddity while playtesting the Red AI routines in a scenario:

1. Time is 0930. Conditions are hazy and Warm. There's no opposition in sight.

2. Immediately upon game start, Red Group 2 (Uncon Fighters / Regular / Fit) has orders to ASSAULT up a city street about 50m. All teams in the group must hop a low wall adjacent to them to get into the street.

3. The first team of 3 men generally goes first, hops the wall and executes its order in Quick time, going from Rested to Ready. No problem there. EDIT: Nope -- they go to Exhausted too, per (4).

4. The second team of 4 - 5 men then hops the wall and goes down at least one level of tiredness for each man that hops the wall, becoming Exhausted once the last guy goes over. The team then slows to Move pace, basically walking for the rest of the game and slowing down the entire group.

InstantExhaustionBug.jpg

5. The HQ unit (1-3 guys) goes last, hopping the wall without problem and going from Rested to Ready.

EDIT: Upon looking closely -- and you can see it in the screenie -- I notice that the teams that get "zapped" with Exhaustion seem to have some of their guys try to move "through" an adjacent "high wall" section instead of just crossing the low wall, which seems to create the accelerated fatigue. The teams that avoid doing this, for whatever reason, don't suffer the penalty. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with the size of the team or what they're carrying. Also, note that the "hopping" animation doesn't trigger for the guys who are walking through the high wall and getting zapped.

When I delete the offending low wall, the problem goes away but it reappears when I reinsert it. I have deleted and repurchased the offending Red Uncon unit (which appears with different arms -- i.e. RPK instead of RPG). Same result.

When I play the scenario as Red and issue a QUICK order to the same destination for the same 3 teams, this phenomenon does not occur.

EDIT: I've tried the same thing in WEGO, and this phenomenon does not occur.

A savegame is available, or I can send you the WIP scenario where the result is reliably replicated (play BLUE in realtime and watch AI RED in scen test mode)

In the same savegame where the troops get "zapped" with exhaustion, a nice little yellow fog bathes the map when you click on certain units. This may be a problem in my 2004 ATI graphics card, not the game, but it's captured in the savegame for anyone interested.

YellowFogBug.jpg

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?