draw distances as option

Are we gonna get the ability to increase draw distances in the options any time soon? I tried out CMSF after some time away, and the same old invisible trenchs / scenery from 100meters away was annoying as hell. It buz killed my game so bad that I went back to Steel Beasts Pro Pe and LockOn Flamming Cliffs 2.

I don't think that the NATO module or any further patches for CMSF will offer a customizable 'draw distance' setting. So the current behavior of limited draw distances will not be addressed for CMSF.

At the moment I don't believe that CM:Normandy will have this option either, but this feature may get introduced in a future patch for the Normandy title.

There is a desire to make this option available, but I'm not sure when it will get in. However I'm moderately certain that this feature will not make it into CMSF. Perhaps it will be available for CMSF2 (a temperate-climate modern warfare game).

It just has to take priority over other things to make it in at a certain time. That certain time may be before or after the game is released.

In the case of NATO, I don't think that the work will be done by the time it is released and I don't believe (though I don't know for sure) that it will be done for the current CMSF series.

I don't know how 'hard' it may be to accomplish, but it isn't some scripting language where a few changes here and there and you have the functionality you want (since it has already been programmed). I assume it will take a bit more work to extract the automatic calculation of draw distances (done by the graphics engine) and make it a usable slider-based control. The graphics engine is doing this already, but with a 'fixed' value, and making it a variable value may affect other memory management issues. Plus there may need to be more safeguards programmed in to prevent/alleviate crashing from variable values that may be too high or to at least set them so that they don't destabilize the memory management of the game. That may involve a bit more research to get a decent 'range' of values that can be used (that won't be too constricting either).