Another Aquire question

Is there any way to make mounted weapons crews (MWMIKS, HUMVEES etc) to grab anymore ammo from their vehicles?

I just did a quick test with a marines and a british GMG, one mounted in a HUMVEE and one mounted in a MWMIK. I dismounted both GMGs and got them to fire off all their 40mm ammo, when they were out of 40mm i sent them back into their vehicles, but they could not use the aquire function to grab more ammo and when i dismounted them again they were still out of ammo.

Surely this is a bug, or at least an oversight?

No, they cannot acquire ammo from their own vehicles as they are considered vehicle crew, not passengers, and that's a no-no for some reason. However, if for example you dismount two WMIK GMG crews and have them mount eachother's vehicles, they will be able to acquire 40mm, rifle ammo, LAWs, etc. Some units also have an HQ vehicle that carries a bunch of ammo you can acquire the same way.

Of course this only provides ammo for the dismounted crews. There is no way to replenish vehicle ammo.

Another Acquire observation:

In previous patches, I could have my troops Acquire in the mission editor, get the stuff I wanted (like Javelins), and then delete the vehicles. Now I cannot. Since the AI cannot Acquire, this means that the AI cannot use Javelins and such when playing Stryker or Heavy infantry.

Another Acquire observation:

In previous patches, I could have my troops Acquire in the mission editor, get the stuff I wanted (like Javelins), and then delete the vehicles. Now I cannot. Since the AI cannot Acquire, this means that the AI cannot use Javelins and such when playing Stryker or Heavy infantry.

I don't think this was ever possible, was it?

Not that this shouldn't be looked in to as it is definitely a problem. USMC and Brits can get along without it as they have dedicated teams that start out with Javelins but US Army infantry risks getting clubbed like baby seals by armour.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think this was ever possible, was it?

Not that this shouldn't be looked in to as it is definitely a problem. USMC and Brits can get along without it as they have dedicated teams that start out with Javelins but US Army infantry risks getting clubbed like baby seals by armour.

I don't remember which version, but it was pre-British Module (I think). I used to be able to design scenarios with Stryker infantry, acquire Javelins/ammo in the deployment editor, and then delete the Strykers. Now I can't. This hurts the AI more than anything.