Russian city level

I have one game Axis vs AI where Russia has surrendered, problem I have is that most of the russian cities east of the Urals don't increase their level above 3, so no operating can be done.

This game is being played with v1.0.

Is this by design?

Thanks.

That's another issue I also had Colin, a US DD sailed all the way to Japan and when attacked she went straight to Vladivostock, which was recapture by a partisan, Japan could not attack that DD beacuse it was in Russian territory and there was no declaration of war between Japan and the USSR before the last one surrendered to the Germans, it was not until I managed to bring a tank corps to Vladivostock that the US DD fleed the port.

Imho, in this case we either let Japan declare war even if the USSR no longer exists or we make it possible to attack units that take refuge in a surrendered country that are at war with the attacker. I'm open to other possible solutions.

Me too. And the Japanese cannot enter the defeated USSR. I think there should be a script or decision event where Germany cedes a few Eastern Soviet cities to Japan.

There is no script that "cedes" a few Eastern Soviet cities in the event of Russia being defeated by Germany....there is only this:

15zkymo.jpg

After such a script is activated, Japan can enter those cities and defeated Soviet territories under the control of Germany.

I have one game Axis vs AI where Russia has surrendered, problem I have is that most of the russian cities east of the Urals don't increase their level above 3, so no operating can be done.

This game is being played with v1.0.

Is this by design?

Thanks.

This is by design and the culprit is I believe Omsk at 125,11 which is a town. This essentially divides the USSR in half at this point limiting operational movement past this point for an Axis conqueror as it has been argued they likely would have had some issues like this with a surrendered USSR etc.

Me too. And the Japanese cannot enter the defeated USSR. I think there should be a script or decision event where Germany cedes a few Eastern Soviet cities to Japan.

Hi Colin,

As heatrr identified, with v1.01 Japan should now be able to enter a surrendered USSR and with v1.02 we've introduced a few more scripts such as this to allow mutual entering of surrendered territory for the Axis countries, i.e. under similar situations.

That's another issue I also had Colin, a US DD sailed all the way to Japan and when attacked she went straight to Vladivostock, which was recapture by a partisan, Japan could not attack that DD beacuse it was in Russian territory and there was no declaration of war between Japan and the USSR before the last one surrendered to the Germans, it was not until I managed to bring a tank corps to Vladivostock that the US DD fleed the port.

Imho, in this case we either let Japan declare war even if the USSR no longer exists or we make it possible to attack units that take refuge in a surrendered country that are at war with the attacker. I'm open to other possible solutions.

As mentioned with v1.01 and the up coming v1.02 patch this should no longer be an issue if the USSR has surrendered.