2 quickies - in HQ range and targetting

I've found I'm using target far more especially for suppresion of buildings with vehicles....without a few times my men would be toast....

I will also give it to my javalin teams when a juicy target comes along...just in case they don't fire...they usually do on their own though...a back up sort of thing

The tactics guides on this forum really gave me some insights in how to play and targeting was a big thing.

1. AFAIK the biggest reason to keep them within shouting distance(yelling mouth icon) is for better morale. There are no command delays like in the CMx1 games since everybody has radios/comms.

2. I think so, letting them target on their own is fairly common. The main reason to manually target is for suppressing possible enemy location while another squad assaults. Or in a target rich environment you may want to focus fire to quickly rattle a unit and then move on to the next. (real-time recommended)