Spotting in 1.3.1

Still broken. First mission, german campaign. Put one single sniper on the hill, prone. Put a Tiger a bit away to attract attention. Watch the russian 45mm guns pound away at the Tiger.

See the elite spotting sniper utterly fail to locate any of the wildly firing AT guns. His loss, since the AT guns eventually spot the single man lying in the grass at 800m, doing nothing, and shoot him.

So, 1C. Why hasn't the spotting been fixed?

Was the sniper facing the right direction at the time out of interest. I've still had men change their orientation themselves. I think spotting is generally better but maybe could do with a tweak?

Yes, he was facing the right direction. Not that it matters. The Tiger alone should have seen them after the first few dozen shots - it has excellent optics. The sniper was just there to drive home the point that it's not in need of 'tweaking' - it's horribly broken and, at patch 1.3.1, something 1C should be ashamed of.

Yeh once guns start firing they should be spottable by just about anything that has a reasonably clear view, particularly Russian guns that did not have as good a 'smokeless' propellant as the Germans did. I watch for the tracer and use that on pause to line up the approximate gun position, its not a 'end of the world' problem but it would be a realistic improvement if it was fixed.

Curious. I have definitely been able to spot AT guns, although perhaps it's not as good as it should be. Maybe it depends on a number of different factors. However, as a possible cheat, just use indirect fire on mortar/gun pits prior to exposing your positions. Or get infantry up close - both work for me. Job done!