Yet another buddy aid question

I noticed this is in the V1.20 feature list

Buddy-aid will not pick up heavy weapons from a different Team.

I had a 2 man jav team, the jav holder got picked off by a sniper, so his team mate went over and gave him buddy aid and then picked up the jav. He also then got picked off by the same sniper. Later when things had cooled down I dismounted a spartan driver (he had no passengers, so no MG=Useless IMO) and sent him to give buddy aid, which he did after a while, but he picked up the javelin! Is this a bug? Are Javelins not "heavy weapons"? Are vehicle crews exempt from this feature?

CMShockForce2010-06-0121-36-08-95.jpg

BTW for those of you who recognise it this is from The Full Monty (I think thats what it's caused), yet another great scen shipped with the base game

On a semi-related note, just had the two man crew from a KOed BTR do buddy aid on some wounded from a HQ unit. They dropped their pistols and grabbed an AK and RPK with ammo.

Will we ever get the pistol model/skin + animation for it?

I had a 2 man jav team, the jav holder got picked off by a sniper, so his team mate went over and gave him buddy aid and then picked up the jav. He also then got picked off by the same sniper. Later when things had cooled down I dismounted a spartan driver (he had no passengers, so no MG=Useless IMO) and sent him to give buddy aid, which he did after a while, but he picked up the javelin! Is this a bug? Are Javelins not "heavy weapons"? Are vehicle crews exempt from this feature?

TBH I never heard of this ban on inter squad weapons pilfering. AFAIK buddy aid acquisition of weaponry is only limited by what is already being carried.

I remember some discussion about that only applying if everyone of the original team was dead, but I can't recall if that was a feature already in, or discussion of what some people would like to see as a change. I suspect it was the latter though.

I think Slug88's response is right; 'heavy weapons' translates to 'crew served weapons' (more or less) and doesn't include javelins or RPGs, however annoying it can be to have them end up in a different squad to their ammunition.