Is it possible to...

have an event reduce a city's mpp's/strength to zero for the remainder of a campaign?

Let's say country (a) takes country (B)'s city, and when this happens country (B) decides to launch all their nukes to destroy cities all over the map. I want all these cities to remain at zero for the rest of the game.

Is this possible?

thank you :D

I think the RESOURCE script will do the trick for you or you can use a STRENGTH script to keep the value of a resource at 0 as desired. There are a few examples for each script type that will help you get a better understanding of how they work.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

I think the RESOURCE script will do the trick for you or you can use a STRENGTH script to keep the value of a resource at 0 as desired. There are a few examples for each script type that will help you get a better understanding of how they work.

A SUPPLY script, not a STRENGTH script.

Well I've been fooling around, and I've managed to get the strength script working the way I want. Basically, if Iran takes Jerusalem, Israel retaliates and launches the Samson option and devastates friendly and enemy troops with nuclear weapons.

I also want selected cities to lose their strength for a time, but not for the the whole game. Also, is it possible to have a country that is not active (Russia) lose resource strength in Moscow? I want the Samson Option to also devastate Moscow even though they have not joined the war.

Here is my supply script that failed to work...

{

#NAME= Samson Option

#POPUP= Nuclear Devastation!

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

Set global variable condition to always trigger (dummy value)

#GV= 1[1,100]

Set link value to always trigger (dummy value)

#LINK= 0[0]

#COUNTRY_ID= 29

#FLAG_ID= 29

#TRIGGER= 100

#SEASON_FLAG= 0

#DATE= 2013/01/01

Set variable conditions:

1st Line - Israel politically aligned with the Allies and surrendered

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 29 [2] [100] [1]

Troops in Jerusalem (dummy value)

#SOURCE_POSITION= 0,0 [0]

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 101,23 [5,10]

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 98,29 [5,10]

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 99,31 [5,10]

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 108,31 [5,10]

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 112,26 [5,10]

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 113,23 [5,10]

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 119,28 [5,10]

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 103,28 [5,10]

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 107,26 [5,10]

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 108,29 [5,10]

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 80,30 [5,10]

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 103,10 [5,10]

#DESTINATION_RESOURCE= 102,26 [5,10]

}

• 2 weeks later...

Hubert thanks for the help, but I don't think the resource script will work. After reading through the instructions it seems you can only start up a resource at a particular date, not destroy a resource at a particular date.

Unless I'm reading it wrong...

Hubert is right in that only a RESOURCE script, possibly tied into a DECISION event that is tied in to the situation you want, would be able to stop a resource from working when a country is neutral.

But once the country in question is no longer neutral you will need a SUPPLY script to destroy a resource. Make it Type 2 so that its effect will be continuous.