Japan is bullet proof

In a game I have going, the japanese mainland has been surrounded for over a year. all cites have been bombed to 0 or close too it. all convoy lanes swamped with raiders. the island is so small, that a few units clog up all the tiles. i have about 6 carriers, and other air pounding at units, but I just can't kill ANYTHING. my carriers, even with some upgrades can't even kill hq's.

so how the heck can I get Japan?

Carrier upgrades don't improve their ability to attack ground targets. The units to use are Tactical Bombers, and if Japan's supply is really low then their income should be too, so it shouldn't take too long. Make sure they have HQ support, and you can also hit the enemy garrisons with amphibious units to add to the effect.

He has too many land units to invade with more than one unit at any given spot. I have made several invasions, but they just get wiped out. I am researching antitank so that I can get tac air helping more, but they really don't have the range anyway.

Also, he still making good money because he defeated china and still has most of it. The Japanese troops that beat china have so much experience that they can't be touched either.

This stalemate as described is going into it's second year.

soviet union can't help either, because they are quite weak and the Germans are still very strong. D-day is frozen at the Rhine river.

My strategy was to take japan quick, then everything to Europe, but that has failed miserably due to unexpected Japanese toughness.

It was a valid game plan and under different circumstances it might have worked. But at least you've now got territory near to Japan that might come in handy later in the war.

For now, it might be better to either start smashing the Japanese on the mainland with a view to liberating China, or to put more emphasis into DDay in Europe. Without even seeing the game, the latter instinctively feels like the better choice.

If China was defeated and your game plan was to just ignore it and attack Japan then it's not surprising your having problems in the Pacific.

I thought i could get the quick kill on Japan, but I did not know that the homeguard would come about. Then I had the island surrounded, and the Japanese troops on the mainland had so much experience that it just evolved.

thanx bill, that is what I am kinda doing. games till going on.