TOW:Korea

I saw the press release on Wargamer. I am surprised nothing has been mentioned here. I really liked some of the proposed changes for the game.

"1C has announced it is working on the next version of its Theatre of War series, this time set in Korea.

Today 1C announced Theatre of War 2: Korea is the next title it is developing under the Theatre of War franchise.

Billed as the "first hot war of the Cold War", Theatre of War 2: Korea will include two campaigns, the North Korean and the American. Theatre of War 2: Korea adds a strategic focus: players will be able to move their forces, reserves, and supplies across the Korean Peninsula.

Key features to be included:

* A new strategic mode greatly enhances the experience of tactical battles

* Non-linear dynamic campaigns, a first for the series

* Unique landscape modeling for correct infantry combat simulation

* Lots of new artillery, armor and aviation units, e.g. helicopters with helicopter-borne infantry in both tactical and strategic modes

* Updated control system focusing more on squads and not on individual soldiers

* Engineer Corps: real-time mining and demining

* New binocular view feature for total immersion

* Detailed replication of authentic Korean landscape and architecture Campaign generator"

this time i am going to check out demo first before purchasing. I like the move to squad based focus and dynamic campaign.

Theatre of War 2: Korea adds a strategic focus: players will be able to move their forces, reserves, and supplies across the Korean Peninsula.

Sounds a lot like the Close Combat Strategic Layer.

Well, why not, as long as they improve the tactical engine, which appears to be the case.

Best regards,

Thomm

• 2 weeks later...