Moving USA Units early

Against the computer, I ignored congress and staged all my American units all around the pacific. Japan still declared war about the same time, and I totally wasted them (on expert), didn't lose any island that was garrisonable before hostilities. I'm thinking this would work against humans as well becuase the penalties are not enough to offset the rewards of moving early. To win the game, the Japanese, IMO, need to expand, and there is no way to do that without bringing the USA into the war regardless or readiness. I think the game should penalize the Americans more, perhaps reduced funding?

Opinions?

The Allies would really benefit the most from having the USA in the game as soon as possible, so if your opponent has sent the fleet out early then I would say let him. It gives Germany more time to hammer away at the UK and USSR before US forces will be able to arrive in Europe to help turn the tide, and Japan will also enjoy a little more time of peace.

The US fleet at Pearl Harbor is only deployed when the US joins the Allies, so while as a result of this US strategy you may find it harder to launch a surprise attack on Hawaii, the delayed US entrance into the war is of so much more benefit to the Axis that you can enjoy this moment for as long as it lasts. But once Japan starts attacking neutrals in S.E. Asia and the Pacific then the situation will change.

This low US mobilization does of course open up the possibility of a Japanese invasion of Siberia... with the USSR out of the war an Axis victory is far more likely.