Played demo all weekend, WOW.

StellarRat

This is a great game. I would recommend it to anyone that likes strategy gaming. It's the perfect balance between complexity and simplicity. My friend called it "The thinking man's Empire." I thought that was an apt description. It is very multi-player friendly which is important to me. You really get through the turns quickly so you aren't twiddling your thumbs while you wait for other human players. Keep up the good work. We both purchased the game!

This is a great game. I would recommend it to anyone that likes strategy gaming. It's the perfect balance between complexity and simplicity. My friend called it "The thinking man's Empire." I thought that was an apt description. It is very multi-player friendly which is important to me. You really get through the turns quickly so you aren't twiddling your thumbs while you wait for other human players. Keep up the good work. We both purchased the game!

Thanks. Glad you like it. By the way, if I end up updating the game's website to include quotes, do you mind if I use yours?

You can use it as soon as we have deployable radar stations :-) just joking. Sure quote me.

Questions:

BTW, is there a way to destroy an airfield once its built? Also, the AI seems to be ignoring mine even though they are in the middle of his territory. It doesn't think they are threat or doesn't know how to deal them. I'm making his life miserable launching attacks from deep in his territory.

Do planes repair at airfields? I think not, but thought I'd ask. I haven't noticed it happening. However, if they repair on carriers they should at airfields.

Suggestion: You need ASW/Marine patrol aircraft. A flying destroyer so to speak. Like the Neptune and Orion.

BTW, is there a way to destroy an airfield once its built?

Ah. I just checked this. It seems that, while updating the interface a while ago I removed the airfield disband order. Players can capture each other's airfields, and if you own an airfield, you can choose to disband it. Unfortunately, the "disband" order isn't showing up on the interface right now.

Also, the AI seems to be ignoring mine even though they are in the middle of his territory. It doesn't think they are threat or doesn't know how to deal them. I'm making his life miserable launching attacks from deep in his territory.

Hm.. Must be an oversight in the AI code.

Do planes repair at airfields? I think not, but thought I'd ask. I haven't noticed it happening. However, if they repair on carriers they should at airfields.

That's a good point. I should probably allow airfields to build repair facilities and radar stations. I'd like to be able to make them improvements on the airfield so that they can be bombed and destroyed, too. That way, they'd work the same way that airbases work in cities.

Brit: thanks for being so responsive to my queries and suggestions. You've got a great game here. I'm not getting enough sleep that's always a good sign. LOL. I think as long as you stick with you basic design and avoid complicating the amount of work the player has to do you will continue to have something really fun to play. It's OK if we have to think about more things as long as we don't have type more things in or go through more screens to generate a turn.

Brit: thanks for being so responsive to my queries and suggestions. You've got a great game here. I'm not getting enough sleep that's always a good sign. LOL. I think as long as you stick with you basic design and avoid complicating the amount of work the player has to do you will continue to have something really fun to play. It's OK if we have to think about more things as long as we don't have type more things in or go through more screens to generate a turn.

Thanks. Yeah, I agree with your comment about avoiding overcomplicating the gameplay.

BTW, is there a way to destroy an airfield once its built?

Okay, I've added the 'disband' order back to the interface.

Also, the AI seems to be ignoring mine even though they are in the middle of his territory. It doesn't think they are threat or doesn't know how to deal them. I'm making his life miserable launching attacks from deep in his territory.

I tracked down this problem and fixed it too. The AI was ignoring airfields.