Will Normandy Work on Latest ATI Drivers??

I have a brand new PC - specs below (W7 64 bit). And I am anxiously awaiting the CMx2 Normandy. (I haven't much interest in hypothetical modern war scenarios).

I d/l'd the Shock Force demo and it will not work - issue w/ the .EXE. And, yes, I am running in Admin mode (heck, w/ W7 I run ALL games in Admin mode!).

I read on these boards that CMx2 doesn't work w/ Catalyst 10.2 drivers...and that is what I'm using. :(

So...the question is - will Normandy work with the latest Catalyst drivers or are we ATI users stuck w/ 10.1 in perpetuity?

Thanks.

Specs:

AMD PhenomII X4 965 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU (3.4Ghz)

Single Hard Drive - 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

LG 22X DVD+/-/+/-RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive

MSI 770-G45 AM3 770 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI

4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

600 Watts Power Supply (XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply)

HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB DDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] 10.2 Catalyst drivers

I haven't tried it myself, but reports from others suggest that the 10.3 Catalysts fixed the problem that the 10.2 Catalysts had with OpenGL programs such as CMSF.

This issue is a bit more annoying for people who have slightly older Radeons that ATI/AMD stopped supporting with the latest drivers. The last update to these Radeons was Catalyst 10.2. Maybe ATI will do one more update to get the 10.3 or a slightly later Catalyst to work with these slightly older Radeons (9500 series to the X2100 series) and allow for good OpenGL compatibility (which was broken with 10.2).

CM:Normandy will be based on the same graphical engine (with some enhancements) as CMSF. Generally issues you see with CMSF in terms of video driver compatibility will likely be repeated with CM:Normandy. While Battlefront does everything possible to make the games work with the appropriate video hardware, the video drivers change frequently and we have no power over what gets released. The last major problem we had was when the Catalyst 9.4 was released that caused all sorts of grief. It took ATI/AMD until Catalyst 9.10 to fix the issue that made the video cards unplayable with CMSF and the then current Catalysts (users had to go back to Catalyst 9.3 to play CMSF).

Nvidia currently has a bug in their OpenGL lighting routines that looks horrible in low-light battles. This was a problem that was developed with the 190 series drivers and still hasn't been resolved.

What you're seeing with 1280x960 is the highest discrete resolution listed. As far as I'm aware, the game will support the maximum resolution that your video card and monitor will for OpenGL. Typically you just set the Options > Display Size to 'Desktop' and it will run at whatever resolution your desktop is set at.

You can also modify the 'display size.txt' file with the horizontal, vertical and vertical refresh settings for one single resolution to be listed in addition to the default ones. So if you want 1920x1440 at 85Hz vertical refresh, just edit the text to say:

1920 1440 85

and save the file. Your Options > Display Size will now list the 1920x1440 resolution.

This should be true of the Demo too, as far as I'm aware.