Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mipmap LOD Bias for Geforce4

Actually I don't think CM has MIPmap levels (or has them very minimally). On my old V5 pushing the LOD into negative numbers did help calm some of the shimmering very close to the camera lens, but I'm not really sure why. The V5's FSAA also helped a lot with reducing texture shimmer. I don't think you want to make the game textures any sharper (add more shimmer) than they already are. smile.gif

Try turning on Anisotropic filtering and 4xS anti-aliasing. Those should have the most impact on the game to reduce texture shimmer.

- Chris

• 1 month later...

Depending on what driver you use you cant use the Minus mip maping option , this is due to a bug in the drivers after the 23.11 s i think , you can patch the driver using Riva tuner so you can use minus mip mapping but dont go to the full setting of -3 as you will see a lot of shimmering etc etc , a good setting to use is a max of -1 , in fact the older divers default setting of 0.0, or best image in the display settings, is the newer drivers setting of 0.5 .

Richard Keen

Depending on what driver you use you cant use the Minus mip maping option , this is due to a bug in the drivers after the 23.11 s i think , you can patch the driver using Riva tuner so you can use minus mip mapping but dont go to the full setting of -3 as you will see a lot of shimmering etc etc , a good setting to use is a max of -1 , in fact the older divers default setting of 0.0, or best image in the display settings, is the newer drivers setting of 0.5 .

Richard Keen