HQ Ratings and Possible Bug

I'm currently playing the 1939 game (no modifiers and soft build limits) as the axis bent on TOTAL world domination and have found a couple of items probably worth highlighting.

1. When buying an HQ from a minor, like Peru, it's rating is 6. This doesn't seem right as Italy, for example, only receives HQ's with a rating of 4.

2. I'm just about to land an amphibious force on the US East coast and have sent in a sub force to clear any naval units and generally cause some havoc around the ports. This worked very well and the message saying that Operation Drumbeat had commenced duly came up. However, the USA keeps launching amphibious units even though subs are present right next to the ports. These units are, in effect, sitting ducks and I simply sink them the following turn.

Best regards

Well, keep in mind you're playing against an A.I., which probably was scripted to keep sending invasion forces to liberate Europe at that point, and was NOT scripted to deal with hostile naval units nearby while launching them. They were probably supposed to be protected by other offensive naval units, but you already destroyed them, I would think. Such are the limitations of playing against the computer. ;)

Indeed, it made taking the USA a lot easier though. :)

Another thing a noticed later in the same game was, having made the UK surrender at Melbourne, Australia kept the HMAS Perth cruiser in Perth. However, I was unable to attack it either from land or sea. Another bug?

Just finished the marathon game and nearly messed up because I didn't check the war map and Papatee was still in the game! Only spotted it through an intelligence report. Got it all sorted in the end though... :)

It took about three days, on and off. Can't say exactly how many hours.

It gets very laborious towards the latter stages with lots of units to move about and keeping track of. :)

Overall I think SCGC is a very good game. My only two minor issues are that I think the naval warfare aspects can be improved and that there should be a scenario where you start earlier, say 1938. I suppose I should sort the latter one out myself... ;)

I've not experienced 15 mins, but definately somewhere between 5 and 10 on a couple of occasions.

By the way, I've got a Dual Core 2.8GHz machine with 1Gb RAM running Windows XP. Video Acceleration and Quick Animation are both turned on.