Some USA East to West Transfer Points Fail for Axis

I had a great conquest of the USA going had 11 turns left and 5 groups of tanks at level 5 poised to take Denver. British Islands, China, Russia, and India were toast. I was on my way to Tobruk and Central Australia. I had taken the Panama Canal. Axis ships can't transfer to the West coast. The Guadalajara, LA and Denver transfer points East to West would not work. I was able to use the Calgary transfer point but it was too far away, in the winter, and to far from Denver to take Denver. Not sure why the transfer points didn't work and suggest that transferring one at a time at these points is nuts. After all you can transfer all you want across the Siberian rail road as long as you have points. Also Canada had surrendered and I couldn't use that railroad to move to the Western part of Canada. It would have been nice the "take" the USA. Finally I only got a major victory as I was two turns from taking Australia even though Canada had surrendered and I was dominating the USA. (This was my first game as Axis and at easy level.)

Well no total conquest is the nature of the game and taking the continental USA is of utmost important to the axis player. I posted about this once before.

When other previous versions have ocean links that transfer ships between the pacific why can't this be addressed the same way. I'm calling this a bug and I'm sure other steadfast players will as well. Sure wish it was fixed.

The only solution to defeat the USA is to have a combined Japanese on the West Coast and German on the East Coast assault and that is mighty hard to arrange - so much so that starting a new game to be robbed of the ultimate prize seems almost pointless. May as well go back to playing PDE with the sami_global.zip scenario. At least in that scenario the Naval transfer arrows work the way the land arrows should for ground forces invading the USA.

There does indeed look to be a bug in the scripts and I've made a few adjustments so that the Axis and Allies can all use these transfer points with more ease within North America.

I've also increased the number of transfer points between Oklahoma and Denver and Denver and Chicago to 3 each.

I'm just not sure if it will make the first patch though as it is likely to be released very soon.

Hubert