Problem with email attachments

With one PBEM opponent, for some reason when he sends me his file, it comes through the email with the text inlined into the mail message, rather than as an attachment.

Anyone know why this might be, and how to fix it? Needless to say, with a large replay file, this is something of an issue.

I'll start with the caveat that I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

That said, I was under the impression that the pristine transmission of text files had a lot to do with how invasive or useless the system defenses of certain service providers are. Or maybe it has to do with certain providers talking to certain other providers.

AOL used to be the worst, with the text file getting scrambled no matter what you did or who your opponents service provider was. Juno keeps the textfile semi-discreet, but I still haven't figured out how to download it into the correct place without having to manually rename and reclassify the file (which is a pain, but not as bad as a zip or a rar). I was playing someone a few months ago where the files wouldn't even get to him unless I zipped them.

There are a few people around here who actually know the answer to your question, and I hope this thread gets their attention because I'd like to know the answer (apart from Fascistically Intrusive Service Provider Protocols tm).