Version 1.01.6875 Available

Brit

The main reason for this early update is to fix a crash that some users were seeing with the load/save window. Other notable changes in this update:

- Added game-setup option to automatically end the game after 125 or 175 turns

- Added a "Combat Randomness" variable to rulesets, this lets rulesets define how regular and predictable combat is

- - Combat in regular games is now a little more predictable and regular

- Fixed an bug in the load-game/load-scenario window: clicking on a ruleset doesn't open it.

- Fixed a bug that wouldn't allow players to switch-out the unitset in the game

The combat randomness is a nice addition.

Thanks. I should probably add it to the New Game / Rules Modifiers, too. Right now, the only way to adjust it is to create a new version of the rules.

Yeah, that would be good. A lot of people would like that imo but wouldn't want to make a whole new rule set. I think variables in increments of five up to maybe 30 or so?

And as long as you're adding something, another nice addition would be the ability to set the number of starting cities for each player. :-) EDEE, for example, has that with two options. One starts all cities for each player in the same area. The other starts all randomly around the map. That makes for some very interesting games if there are, say, four players and each has five cities all scattered around the map.

I don't post often, but wanted to thank you for the many updates. Developers in general are becoming more responsive, but you certainly are the best I have every seen. I'm sure I'll be more active once I get the time to really play the game!

I don't post often, but wanted to thank you for the many updates. Developers in general are becoming more responsive, but you certainly are the best I have every seen. I'm sure I'll be more active once I get the time to really play the game!

Thanks.