Possible bug

In a multiplayer game, my opponent had is ship in a tile that, i guess after his move, turned into ice. my ships were unable to surround it and attack, although I could attack from a couple of tiles that were not ice.

So, question: Is this normal? will his ship be able to leave the ice before it melts?

LoL. So, your partner is stuck!

In the US Navy Captains who run aground are investigated and relieved of Command.

Watch out of the time of year and how close you are to the ice caps.

Good feature, sounds like real life to me.

IMHO, no bug; just a new Capitan.

Robert

Maybe you heard about Project Habakkuk? Allies planned to some crazy things, maybe you thought about this when getting stuck :D:

an Aircarft Carrier Built out of Ice:

"In 1942, a British scientist named Geoffrey Pyke—an adviser to Lord Mountbatten, Chief of Combined Operations—came up with the idea of cutting off a large piece of an arctic iceberg or ice floe, leveling its surface, and towing it into the ocean to serve as a landing platform. The platform would melt eventually, of course, but Pyke believed that a large enough piece of ice would last at least a few months—longer if it were insulated on the outside and cooled from within by a refrigeration system. Better yet, the platform couldn’t be sunk; even if it were damaged by torpedoes or bombs, repairs could be made simply by freezing new chunks of ice into place."

http://itotd.com/articles/575/project-habakkuk/