Disapointed with german scenarios

After Having just finished as the german side and while I loved the maps, I was quite disapointed that most of the missions were basically the same. Assault trench 1 move onto trench two. Repel tank counter attack. finish :(

The mini mission with just a handful of inf was great. Its a pity that there wasn't more variation like this.

Does your final score actually effect anything in the following missions?

There's a definite pattern as I am finding also. It's a little predictable to be honest, but I don't like the counterattack 'trigger' system either - it doesn't really give you enough time to prepare your defenses in a structured way, especially if you accidentally walk one soldier over the line as I have done many times.

I haven't even attempted the Russian campaign yet, but to be honest I don't like the look of it - it's just a mish mash of defensive battles, holding this trench and holding that trench. You just know the AI will send in everything at once and the battle will be over before you know it. This system has potential but only as the attacker!

This is why the editors are so important. I have been playing the CM series for years and normally (although some scenarios are excellent) I just edit my own or use the generator (better in CM as you generate both sides and have more flexiblkity).

But I use the editors almost exclusively in the 3 TOW's (hee, hee, until I got Vista64!! I'm still still struggling with Vista issues in TOW and TOW Africa).

This is why the editors are so important. I have been playing the CM series for years and normally (although some scenarios are excellent) I just edit my own or use the generator (better in CM as you generate both sides and have more flexiblkity).

But I use the editors almost exclusively in the 3 TOW's (hee, hee, until I got Vista64!! I'm still still struggling with Vista issues in TOW and TOW Africa).

I adore the QB generator in CM games - and I love to give myself a huge advantage over the enemy because it is so much fun. Like 5000 points to 1000 or something like that. It might sound unbalanced and to a degree it is, but when you are playing large assault battles the enemy AT guns can be really difficult to knock out. I never choose the enemy force make-up either! Having said that, the weakest part of the QB generator is the maps and thats where it lets the side down. Scenarios and operations were much better in that respect. The maps in TOW Kursk are pretty decent. I just wish everything else was on par!

I haven't played the german campaign yet but was wondering. The battle that epitomizes Kursk is the clash at Prokhorovka where Hoth loses 350 tanks at the end of the day. Is there a meeting engagement that represents this battle.