French Indo China event

After Vichy creation, Japan got an event on the decission for that area, I choose to take some of the land of Indo China (capital Hanoi).

This meant I cut the China trade, but 1 turn later Indo China joined the Allies. Japan is not at war with anybody but China, we are end 1940. But, I could move into unprotected Hanoi and got the message, Indo China capitulates and got some MPP's and the whole country.

I don't think it's supposed to go that way?

After Vichy creation, Japan got an event on the decission for that area, I choose to take some of the land of Indo China (capital Hanoi).

This meant I cut the China trade, but 1 turn later Indo China joined the Allies. Japan is not at war with anybody but China, we are end 1940. But, I could move into unprotected Hanoi and got the message, Indo China capitulates and got some MPP's and the whole country.

I don't think it's supposed to go that way?

I think you moved some unit into the "newly aquired Terrain" right? If so, then the result is correct.

The (Wiki) Matsukoka-Henry-Pact let Japan acces to Territories through wich the Kunming Railroad goes. They had the Right to "garrison" this territory with <6000 forces. Well after moving ( obviously tempting for Japan..:P ) more than 6000 guys into this territory , F-Ind got on defcon-max ( simlating joining Allies ).

If you would have been a friendly guy , and not have moved into the new territory, they wouldn't have joined allies, but it's simply too tempting:D

I like it when FIC declares war on Japan because I observed that it didn't effect the Dutch East Indies diplomacy rating towards the Axis.

But when you declare war on FIC it does lower their diplomacy score. I think it has some effect on Thailand too.

Also, I had one game where Thailand just joined the Axis with no diplomatic action. Anyone know what triggers this?