Stryker Magic Seats

The stryker has a 9 passenger capacity.

How then does the command and weapons fit in?

7 in weapons (sl, gunner, a gunner, ftl, gunner, a gunner, ftl)

3 in command (CO, FAC, rto)

Also, why doesn't CMSF model there being a medic in the C2 element?

Why do I care... because i'm making ARMA 2 missions and using CMSF as my "reference manual" for realism. A problem I am having is that 2 pax cannot fit in the command stryker, the FAC and medic (assuming +1 to C2)

Also, why doesn't CMSF model there being a medic in the C2 element?

They don't want to go beyond buddy aid in simulating medic stuff, as it starts to enter logistics and goes beyond the scope of the game. It unnecessarily complicates things, basically.

The styker seats 11.

Also, medical is abstracted in CMSF, probably why there is no medic, as they didn't want to model him running around to where he's needed and a more complex medical system.

Negative as per wikipedia.

11 would INCLUDE crew. 9 pax.

Are they are other personnel magically missing from CMSF for a stryker platoon? I am going to add medics on my mission, any others? Plt sgt maybe? or is that 1 section leader?

Are they are other personnel magically missing from CMSF for a stryker platoon? I am going to add medics on my mission, any others? Plt sgt maybe? or is that 1 section leader?

The PSG is there, he's just hard to see. IIRC he is in the HQ unit or a vehicle, depending on the platoon. You only see his rank if you inspect a vehicle or if the PL goes down (depending on platoon).

Negative as per wikipedia.

11 would INCLUDE crew. 9 pax.

As per CMSF it seats 11, I trust them a little bit more than wikipedia. Also having been in a Stryker ICV myself, I could see 11 people sitting in back, might be a bit of squeeze, but I think it could be done. Not to mention if it was 9 then 4 strykers would not seat a whole platoon as you pointed out.

Eleven seats (crew included), two standing places. Or sump'tin... here's the TO&E with platoon medic included:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-21-9/chap1.htm

Notice that in CMSF, PSG is permanently with the vehicle.

image1079.jpg

image1080.jpg

Notice how the medic has a grey box around him, that is graphical representation for cloaking device. That's why you don't see him in the game.

PSG's being perimantly with the vehicle is common.

Most of the time the platoon leader will get off the Stryker and lead the dismounted element with his squad or section leaders while the PSG stays on his Stryker and manage the vehicle movement.

That isnt always the case, but I've seen it alot.

My PSG never stayed on the Stryker, but I knew some that did.