Spotting is broken

So very often, I get oddities where tanks, anti-tank guns, or machinegun bunkers refuse to get spotted. In this case, a single T34 held up my entire attack because not a single soldier in my company(?) could see him.

I've included in the zip a screenshot of the case. 8 or so vehicles, 10 infantry (most of which had died at this point) all staring at exactly the point there I know the t34 is shooting from (I can see his tracers.)

Not in 15 minutes of the T34 tank firing his main gun at my tiger(and occasionally his MG at my infantry) did anybody see a tank.

So keep in mind that he, alone, in a tank, can spot individual infantrymen sitting in the grass, while my 30-40 pairs of eyes cannot see him firing for over 15 minutes. (He eventually ran out of ammo.)

I eventually gave up on this scenario and decided to take the picture after that single T34 had knocked out 4 of my STUG's without so much as a visibility blip. Luckily enough, he focused on the Tiger's frontal armor which seemed to be impervious, so I was able to collect all these spotters without getting them killed.

15 minutes! Something's wrong and it's definately ruining the product for me at this point.

Anyway, check out the screen shot. I marked the t34 position with a red arrow.

I can send a savegame to a dev if that helps.

spotting.zip

So I rushed him, and I had to drive up to within 15 feet of him before I finally saw him. He was out of main gun ammo at this point but still firing his MG at my apc's.

Not sure what to do when this happens. I either let him take out my tanks and infantry one by one, or bum rush him and let flanking fire from some other hidden enemy destroy half my force, all to get at one T34.

At least with the invisible AT guns, I can cheat and just send HE at the gun pit. Obviously not with this.

spotting2.zip

PS, I had crazy good spotting values on nearly everyone. This is the 3rd mission in the campaign, and I've been raising nothing but spotting values on every soldier, because it's driving me nuts. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

totaly agree, i ve the same probs especially in the 3. german mission. cant't see at or tanks - and the result is that my force get crushed very fast.

I can understand the inability to see the T-34 in the 1st screen shot.

I can understand the T-34 getting the jump on your group from it's defensive position.

I can't understand how something of T-34s size and limited spotting FOV could be seeing and picking off infantry in the grass, whereas they from their full FOV can not see where the fire is coming from.

I can see where your tankers encroaching on the T-34 might have a hard time seeing their target from their limited FOV. But point blank range?

I do wish that tankers could open their hatch from the distance to better seek out their target.

I can understand the inability to see the T-34 in the 1st screen shot.

I can understand the T-34 getting the jump on your group from it's defensive position.

I understand these things as well, but what I don't understand is the continued inability to see that target after 15 minutes of fire.

Concealed positions provided an ambush opportunity, not invisibility through 15 minutes of firing a 76mm cannon!

I understand these things as well, but what I don't understand is the continued inability to see that target after 15 minutes of fire.

Concealed positions provided an ambush opportunity, not invisibility through 15 minutes of firing a 76mm cannon!

Very true;

After the initial surprise it should be much easier for at least the infantry to see the big frame of a tank than the tank seeing the crawling infantry in grass.

As you suggest after a certain amount of time the T-34 in real life would become spotted. If the T-34 can see the target, the target eventually would see the T-34.

I would imagine that initially the T-34 would have been in the dug in position which would give it an extra advantage in concealment, but it shouldn't be invisible.