Request for Infantry Scenerios

Well you can always make scenarios yourself using the tools provided, by doing so you can organise the forces for each side and limit their # of tanks etc.. The mission generator (or is it battle generator) will make it a fairly easy task.

Keep in mind though, the reason these missions probably don't occur in-game (they might, i've not completed it...) is because Kursk is well known for being the biggest tank battle of all time (or atleast of WW2) and because of this, it's more logical to have the missions revolving around tanks and other vehicles, as was the case in the war.

Some argue that the battle actually showed the triumph of infantry/artillery over armour - But considering the issues people have with managing their infantry i don't think it would be wise to force people to try win the battles with infantry only.

I haven't been able to create infantry only scenarios with the mission generator yet. It looks like even the "infantry division" unit type has about 50% vehicle slots. You can't select the force composition of the enemy force, either, otherwise I'd simply leave the vehicle slots empty for both sides.

I haven't been able to create infantry only scenarios with the mission generator yet. It looks like even the "infantry division" unit type has about 50% vehicle slots. You can't select the force composition of the enemy force, either, otherwise I'd simply leave the vehicle slots empty for both sides.

There are two methods of creating missions. Using the generator allows you to simply choose the division (and whether it's large/small etc..) the other (must be mission creator or something) lets you pick the specific units and place them on the map giving yourself whatever units you desire and picking the start location etc..

Well...I can't edit because it's been too long, but the name of the file you want is Simple Editor. It's located in your ToW 2 Kursk director under the MissionEditor folder.

With that i set up a quick 4v2 infantry squad battle as seen in pic below

vo1kqs.jpg

Many thanks for that info--so the Simple Editor is exactly like the Battle Generator in the TOW2 Africa whereyou can select both sides --unlike the Generator in Kursk where you can only select your own units.

These features for editors are very useful but I wish they were named more consistently and described more fully. But for this chance read of this thread I would not have realised what the Simple Editor was or did. The Manual says very very little about these Editors and to me they seem a strong and very useful element.

No worries mates, i had alot of fun with that tool in Africa that's why i went looking for it in Kursk.

Not sure why it was renamed, but i guess it's because they had came up with the in-game generator. I'm just glad it was left in, it'll keep me occupied until the campaign becomes playable again.