First Turn Observations

A few things I have noticed on first turn but not seen reported:

1) the manual says this twice on page 65

"There is also a +1 action point penalty when attempting to move through tiles that have two or more enemy units adjacent to them."

I assume its just a carry over from previous titles.

Happily it does not seem to apply, which is good since many units seem to have less Action Points then previously.

2) Page 18 says mines are worth 3mpp per strenght point and oil is worth 5 x strength point.

It looks to me like mines are x2 and oil is x3

3) Do resources need to be connected to capital by rail to be at full strength? Because Foochow has no rail and I have cut its road link (but it is still connected via friendly tiles) and it is still at full strenth.

4) I like that the soft build limits allows artillary, flack and anti-tank builds at the higher cost.

I guess thats if for now.

Great job on the game.

-Bill

Hi Bill

I think we should employ you as a proofreader because those are some good spots! Thanks, we'll have to get those corrected.

As to Foochow, because it survived a long time in Chinese hands during the middle to later years of the war, to make it a tougher nut to crack we made it an Industrial Centre so that it doesn't need to be connected to another city to be at full strength. Resources need to be connected to either a Capital, Industrial Centre or Supply Centre by rail to be at full strength.

Good to hear that you're enjoying the game! :)

The only way during a game would be to see if a city hasn't got a rail connection to the capital but is showing at full strength. But this isn't really ideal so if you are after this information to help you plan your strategies, I can only suggest opening up the scenario in the editor and going to Campaign (on the top menu) then Edit Country Data. This will bring up details of all the towns and cities belonging to every country, and towards the bottom right the Industrial and Supply Centres will be listed.

Thanks for Reply Bill. A nice aid would be a different graphic or some mention in the resouce info panel that a city is a Industrial City or Supply City not needing rail connection.

Ok here is something that is very reproduceable and I have not seen anyone mention.

Look at the red circles in the ScreenShot below:

skey.jpg

Those red circles are Mountains that have road links but when pressing the 'S' key the supply calculations do not seem to use the road link to figure out future supply.

I can happily confirm that when the next turn comes all of the supply calculations are correct so I just tend to diregard what the 'S' key tells me in mountain tiles. But I figured someone would want to know.

I am pretty sure that mountains reduce supply by 3 thats why the are so low

Not if there is a road conection.

Like I said the supply is correct on the next turn, its just that the 's' key function is not predicting it correct.