Import files from SC PT?

I've got a really bad feeling about this, but do to the fact it will save me loads of time I have to ask it any way. Will I be able to import files from SC PT to SC Global? If so I could import my Europe mod for 42' and my better known Midway mod, fix everything up, and release it within a few hours! Instead of many days/months.

Hi Scott

It is possible to transfer much of the scenario's details and especially the map quickly and easily, but due to all the enhancements and added features in Global Conflict not everything can be directly transferred across.

To test how long it would take, I just imported the map from the Battle for Okinawa scenario in the Pacific game directly into Global Conflict. This only took a minute, but tidying it up, adding in the items that weren't transferred across and double checking the details would probably take me another hour or two.

It might be worthwhile to prepare by taking screenshots of the terrain and unit dispositions in your scenario, and annotating these with the unit names and experience and entrenchment details, as you'll find this very useful and a real time saver when the game is released and you can then start transferring your scenarios across.

When transferring your scripts I suggest doing one file at a time. Most will be a doddle, but some might require extra lines to be inputted. Fortunately you'll soon know because when you try to save the scenario it will tell you if it doesn't like the format of the script files, along with telling you what is missing.

With all the improvements in the Global game, the work involved will definitely be worth it. :)

Conversion from PDE to GC takes some effort but is certainly doable. From my A3R version notes:

DATA CHANGES

- updated localization.txt and revised Country IDs

- updated activation_sprites, flags, and military_flag_sprites bitmaps

- revised CTVs (you cannot export/import - you need to redo the CTVs!)

SCRIPT CHANGES

- added new #DATE and #FAILSAFE_DATE lines in unit events

- added new #FLAG_ID lines in supply events

- added new #VARIABLE_CONDITION lines in resource events

- added new #MPP_UPDOWN, #MPP_TURNS, #MPP_TEXT, and #FRIENDLY_POSITION lines in decision events

- added new #DESTINATION_RESOURCE lines in purchase scripts

- changed activation events to new mobilization events and added new belligerence events