Feature Request

Anyone ever play Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 or Men of War?

There's one feature that I'd love to see in CMSF.

The ability to fully control a vehicle. I'm not saying anything is wrong with the current setup or AI response, but sometimes I'd rather just move a vehicle or traverse it's turret by myself. Another great aspect of this feature is that you can 'free aim' a vehicle yourself. I've had some issues where I see an enemy in a certain position, but the vehicle wont target him. I'd rather just do a commanders override and take control myself.

Any thoughts?

MG's that fire long 3 or 4 second bursts.

MG's with better bullet dispersion.

Breach/bang/clear move.

Instant 180 degree arcs.

Nades that dont explode when they hit a ceiling.

AT teams that will displace BEFORE they reload.

AI slightly less inclined to use all AT assets at once.

More later.

Great game but just my input.

A scanning animation would be nice, where turrets would move and scan the arc that's set and Inf can raise their weapon from time to time to scan left to right or right to left when an arc is set.Also a animation for using the binos.

Visible names for individuals as well as individual stats at the end of the game with medals and achievements shown.

The ability to shot as the soldiers move forward.So they can walk and fire.Being able to area fire while moving in like the Hunt command.

The ability to take proper cover and shoot around corners and walls.

Also the ability to throw grenades over walls at will.

That's my brain storm:)

How about a waypoint synchronization command?

Where one unit doesn't proceed beyond their waypoint until the other unit gets to their specific waypoint.Then with both waypoints synchronized together, both units get the go ahead and start to move out at the same time with each other, after the 2 synchronized waypoints are met.Then that way the player doesn't have to guess about what kind of time delay to give them.

This feature is actually in the Arma editor,and I think it would fit well into this game.I would have loved to have this option in some situations and plus it could give mission makers another tool to use while planning AI moves.

Just another brainstorm idea:).