PBEM Problem

Never played PBEM's before just tcp/ip. I get the pbem and it is displayed in the actual email and not a separate attachment. Cant do anything with all the garbled decoded text. Is there anyway to turn the email into a attachment or not have MIME decode it? The sender sends it as an attachment and it still gets displayed in the email. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Meat

:confused: What e-mail program are you using?

I had a similar problem using yahoo mail, but if you look closely, you can click the "download attachments" text in the upper right corner. That will bring you to a window where you have the option to download the PBEM file sent to you as an attachment.

Using Winzip is another solution that actually saves you download/upload time, but sometimes it's difficult getting your opponent to remember to zip up the PBEM file before sending it.

Albert

Here is the solution to your problem, when your pbem opponent doesn't zip or otherwise compress their file: a. save as text, the pbem is all of that silly text. b. highlight all of the silly text in the message, copy it, open a text editor such as Word, Simpletext, or similar, and paste it in. Save as text file.

A more vexing problem I have run into is that my email system (at the time) would garble the end of the file and CMBO wouldn't open it. Or it was not sending the complete file through. Thus I had to have my opponent resend the file compressed.

Hope that helps.