I've just got to say....

I am very impressed with 1C's dedecation to this game and the improvement shown even since the Africa game. Anyone who hasn't tried the Demo needs to. It really does run better on my machine than the Africa game and that impresses me the most. Also the graphics and realism are great. I think the combat mission guys could take a few lessons from these Russian boys. I also agree that this series seems to be moving toward being a war game rather that a real time simulation. If I could ask for one thing it would be the ability to play back maybe a minute or two of action during pauses. Thats the only thing I see that the CM series has on this one at present. Don't worry, I own both. With playback it would be the best IMO.

One question....when is the full edition going to be available? I preordered.

I haven't played the demo yet, but I also preordered based on the strength of the last titles and the new features. I am a CM guy through and through, and TOW2 takes a slightly different approach for me. It does remind me somewhat of the old Close Combat franchise which I grew up with. I'm looking forward to it!

It all depends on what you want. CM is more of a combat simulator and therefor has a higher realism factor. TOW games are more "fun" games with certain aspects flavoured with realism and other aspects fun and gamey.

Apples and oranges.

"other aspects fun and gamey"

Which ones? ToW seems to me by far more realistic than CMx1...and more difficult!