Low walls, Deployed MGs and the Peng Challenge Thread

And on another note, Berli just sent me an invitation for a

** MEGA PLANTATION ** 48x48 FREE FARM UPGRADE.

And apparently he's hosting a barn raising and needs some friends to lend a hand!

It seems he needs a larger chicken coop.

There is something so intrinsically sad about this, I may just have to go have a drink. Another drink.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are the wolves that Hecate FED!

oh dear... but where is the teeth ? THE TEETH??!

taken out prophylactically so that they aren't a potential cause of trouble

It's because I'm awesome!!!11!!1!1

(not sure if I shall feel sorry for him, be scared of him, mock or tolerate him...I should only pity him - hate him, perhaps, if he were ugly, and a clown)... that is very good for you , Boo....

(not sure if I shall feel sorry for him, be scared of him, mock or tolerate him...I should only pity him - hate him, perhaps, if he were ugly, and a clown)... that is very good for you , Boo....

From konrad, this is, indeed, a mouthful. Or, perhaps, a song, of sorts. It's always a bit hard to tell with him. But I think the effort is always worth it.

I interpret it as such: Boo, you are a clown! But you stomp upon the terra! I pity you, and mock you, and yet, I find myself doubting myself. Maybe there is more to you than I see. Maybe there is more to you than I like. I am not afraid of you, but sometimes I am afraid of myself! Afraid, how can I fail to admit that you are you? Now, given that I am some sort of Polish/Lithuanian/Estonian/Slavic/Eastern Orthodox Father of a Forgotten Church, should I not now stand in judgement of weirdo arseholes who post in the Peng Challenge Thread, and mock them for not being able to interpret my words?!

That's just one man's interpretation. Mind you, I think it's pretty close to the intent.

The interesting thing about the Peng Challenge Thread is that we're THE source to deal with all the weirdness of a multi-cultural society. Which we're not. We're the other thing.

Been sick as a fecking dog for over a week. Lying in bed at night, unable to catch my breath, panting, coughing, sweating like a bastard, waiting to die. I have a peculiar horror of not being able to catch my breath. Blame it on watching my father die of lung cancer, tubes in his chest to both lungs; or watching my younger sister on a respirator, slowly failing as her lungs gave out, finally kept alive by machinery and an unwillingness to let go.

It's all made me into a big fecking baby. When I get a cold, and have trouble catching my breath, I go into panic mode. I can't sleep, have to get up and look for something to make things better, try and catch my breath. When I can't get enough air, my body goes into 'anxiety/stress' mode.

So, for the last week or so, I've been unable to sleep.

I hate fear. It leaves you all alone, and afraid.

But now, I'm getting better. I can breathe. Mostly.

Boo, you are a clown! But you stomp upon the terra! I pity you, and mock you, and yet, I find myself doubting myself. Maybe there is more to you than I see. Maybe there is more to you than I like. I am not afraid of you, but sometimes I am afraid of myself! Afraid, how can I fail to admit that you are you? Now, given that I am some sort of Polish/Lithuanian/Estonian/Slavic/Eastern Orthodox Father of a Forgotten Church, should I not now stand in judgement of weirdo arseholes who post in the Peng Challenge Thread, and mock them for not being able to interpret my words?!

You seem to be more drunk than usual tonight. That's quite a feat, actually.

BTW, if you haven't already read this, you should get a copy right away. It will appeal to your twisted sense of humor like a hand sliding into a glove.

Or perhaps the gloved hand of the doctor performing a prostate exam. Whatever.

Michael

It's all made me into a big fecking baby. When I get a cold, and have trouble catching my breath, I go into panic mode. I can't sleep, have to get up and look for something to make things better, try and catch my breath. When I can't get enough air, my body goes into 'anxiety/stress' mode.

So, for the last week or so, I've been unable to sleep.

I hate fear. It leaves you all alone, and afraid.

Well, you know what they say about adversity strengthening the spirit. Someday when I'm feeling especially perky I may tell you about all my problems. Let's see, the outline shouldn't take more than about 14 hours and then we can start getting into the details. You'll love it.

Michael

You mock me. It is part of the Peng Challenge Thread that I am mocked. I come here, to be mocked. It makes me feel...connected.

I present myself, to be mocked. I do the dance with the Justicar, who mocks me. I bow and bend to Aussies, who mock me. I demand obeisance from Boo Radley, who mocks me. I take the piss out of the newbies and fools, who mock me.

Berli has mocked me since this Thread began. Peng mocks me because that is being Peng.

I am mocked.

Emrys, ancient and horrible of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypso, mocks me. Dorosh, banned and awful, Horseman in Exile, mocks me.

I am mocked.

I am the First Amongst Equals, and All Equal in Being the Worst.

I sit in the Wasteland, watching the People make their way.

Tell me this: Should I still post here, or name a successor to watch over the Wasteland? To recreate reality, day by day, by their posts, their actions, to make of this place something other, to make a new place?

Life if short, and art is long, and success is very far off, as Joseph Conrad would have it.

You seem to be more drunk than usual tonight. That's quite a feat, actually.

Michael

Bah! At what point are you going to stop pointing out my ability to do hand stands on your expectations of me?

I'm The Seanachai. I could drink your expectations of me under the table, and kick the ****e out of them.

Tell me this: Should I still post here, or name a successor to watch over the Wasteland? To recreate reality, day by day, by their posts, their actions, to make of this place something other, to make a new place?

Oh sufferin' Christ. You aren't going to go and get all weepy on us are you? I mean, knowing you are Irish and all I suppose that has to be on the card somewhere. But can't you hold it in at least until after the bar is closed? That's good whiskey you are diluting.

Tell me, who was it who took you under his wing and gave you a welcome home to post your ravings when JJ had his meltdown? Can you even remember back that far? Who has been your most constant friend through your intemperate Irish ravings?

I think that you would find life a lot easier to take if you had a less inflated sense of yourself. On the other hand, you would probably be a lot less hilariously foolish. So, don't change a thing. Continue the absurd metaphysical pratfalls to our amused entertainment. Just don't weep in the whiskey, okay?

Michael

Well, you know what they say about adversity strengthening the spirit. Someday when I'm feeling especially perky I may tell you about all my problems. Let's see, the outline shouldn't take more than about 14 hours and then we can start getting into the details. You'll love it.

Michael

Yeah, yeah. Bring it on, Deadman. Every post of yours leaves me... hungry for more. I read your words, and I'm left... wanting more. It's not like we don't know who you are, Famine. With every word you post to us, we hear a bean rattling in a can.

I am the Seanachai of the Peng Challenge Thread. I know how to want more. I know what wanting is. And I know that you are... Wanting.

Oh sufferin' Christ. You aren't going to go and get all weepy on us are you? I mean, knowing you are Irish and all I suppose that has to be on the card somewhere. But can't you hold it in at least until after the bar is closed? That's good whiskey you are diluting.

Tell me, who was it who took you under his wing and gave you a welcome home to post your ravings when JJ had his meltdown? Can you even remember back that far? Who has been your most constant friend through your intemperate Irish ravings?

I think that you would find life a lot easier to take if you had a less inflated sense of yourself. On the other hand, you would probably be a lot less hilariously foolish. So, don't change a thing. Continue the absurd metaphysical pratfalls to our amused entertainment. Just don't weep in the whiskey, okay?

Michael

I'll take that as a 'Yes', for any given value of 'yes'.

Ah, Michael. Here in this very strange, stupid, and silly place, I will indeed continue to post, simply because people like you mock and abuse me for doing so. You keep me young, see if you don't. And, Michael, if I had a less inflated sense of myself, could I come here, night after another night, and post as if I expected some sort of answer? The only thing I'll change, lad, is how I abuse you and all the rest, always seeking another leg-up in the attempt to seem more goddamn amazing and committed than I am.

I am the Seanachai.

Life if short, and art is long, and success is very far off, as Joseph Conrad would have it.

Of course you should keep posting here!!!!!!!!

Dogs are very uncomplicated.

not like us. like you. like me. sad. homo sapiens(or missing link , obviously, in the case of Boo). surrounded by multitutude ,yet so lonely. unsecure ,but so cocky . fake and painfully real at this same time.

I miss Sir Aussie Jeff.