Kursk Demo

I have not owned a previous TOW title but I got the demo of Kursk 1943 and am quite impressed. Realism, performance, playability, graphics, UI etc. all quite good. This will be a purchase.

One quick question for those that know. The mission generation capability is huge for me. I fully understand and appreciate that this is a demo so the generation is limited but could someone give me a better sense what that will fully look like in the game. In the demo there are many units I can not select (red X's), there are missing units, there is a "set" number of "points" assigned and 1 map and a "random" choice.

Can I create balanced and unbalanced missions? (Can I set the number of "points" per side). Can I select any type of unit I want for a given conflict? What types and choices of maps will be available? (can I pick a location?) etc.

I do believe that there is also a "Mission editor" and "Map creator" but my reading leads me to believe these are quite complex and take considerable time and effort to use.

In full version generator you'd get many maps, not just one. Unit selection depends on regiment type (for example, infantry division). There are two types in demo and four in full version (selected near the bottom of the screen). To increase number of points, set the battle size to 'large' (upper right). You can't set the exact number of points in built-in generator for now, force balance depends on engagement type (attacker gey more, etc.).

freeeman

Old editors (including old mission generator) will be available in full version too.