Hello.

Hiya, I'm a big war game geek, yet I only stumbled on Ccombat mission :BB three day's ago...and I must say, it's one of the best WW2 tactical games I've ever played.:P

Just a couple of questions though.

1. How's the special edition of CM normandy different from the first?

2. Should I get it, despite it beingless brilliant than the sequal.

3.Although I'm spoilt for choice with the scenarios and operations, are there sites which have fan missions and campaigns?

Cheers guys.

1. How's the special edition of CM normandy different from the first?

You probably mean Beyond Overlord (CMBO)? Presumably Special Edition is the type that comes with an extra CD containing scenarios and texture mods (including winter uniforms and white washed vehicles that aren't included in the stock files). These can also be downloaded from a few places.

Is CMBO worth getting? Subjective, subjective... I would go with CMAK for my Western Front needs until the new Normandy game comes, but CMBO has its merits too. While CMAK really is set around Mediterranean theater, it can do a decent job of the fighting in France, Holland and Germany except for the lack of eg. Cromwells and Volksturm. And CMBO also has some great scenarios for it.

There's a links section on the BFC site, but Scenario Depot and The Proving Grounds are couple of choices. Also there is a file Repository on this site and there are some CMBB scenarios.

Howdy. Best to post these questions in the CMBB forum. The GF is for all the unemployable lay-abouts and associated ilk and you'll rarely get an answer worth having.

Having said that, 1. No idea - the question is a little murky; 2. Sure - what else is money for? BF really likes it when you give them money. 3. See BF's own Repository, as well as sites like The Scenario Depot II.

Someone else will be along shortly to contradict me and hopefully confuse you further. Cheers.