Is This A Problem With Grenades In MOUT?

I have been seeing a trend with respect to grenades and house clearing and I wanted to know what you guys think about it and if maybe it should be addressed for CM:N.

When I send a squad to clear a house after supressing a known enemy inside I like to send them to a wall outside the house with no windows or doors to demo charge their way in.

When there are windows (most cases/dont know why as there should be at least one wall with no widows) then I send them "quick" to the outside of the door with a target order into the house. I put a 5 second pause here and then send them into the house with a covered 360 arc at the end of the waypoint so they dont waste all the nades on empty floor. The troops do well with this as they stop just outside and then try to throw a few nades into the house before rushing in and kill the supressed bad guys.

The problem I notice is that MOST of the grenades when thrown from just ouside a door end up hitting at the TOP of the outside wall and have no effect. Very few do, indeed, go into the house or explode off of the roof but it seems most hit the top outside corner and are wasted. I think this has to do with the nades exploding on what they hit first? I am picturing in my mind that the troops would be throwing the grenades through the windows at very close range so why would they hit the outside top roof line and explode?

Has anyone else noticed this and brought it up? I couldnt find anything with search and when CM:N comes I feel we will be doing a bit more grenade house clearing then we are now. Is a small tweek needed?

To be honest I don't think it's much of a problem .I do the same thing at times for example,a platoon takes fire from a house.I split the squad to form an assault team.Assault team moves to flank the house on its side while the remainder are firing on the house's front.When the assault team gets close i have the others hold fire.The assault team positions themselves beside the building against it and I order them to area fire in it.They lob grenades and for me the first grenades land everywhere.They are thrown in the building, outside of it,sometimes it seems to hit the roof.The second wave of grenades are usually more accurate I find and land in the building together clustered.It's never completely wiped the enemy out, but it has killed many and pinned down others for the men to get in and clear with out to much resistance.

Maybe tell them to hold 10 seconds and see what happens?

Maybe the accuracy was off for the first few grenades, not every soldier has the accuracy of Randy Johnson the baseball pitcher:).

For now it seems like the grenades are thrown in an area rather then specifically in the building,but for me what I usually see is what I typed.After a while more grenades are thrown and more accurately leading to multiple, ferocious explosions that decimate most enemy.Ive often heard the screams of the enemy come out of the building grenades were being thrown into.

In order to fully assault the houses properly, I think BFC would need to put in some kind of Breach,Bang and Clear tactic or code for the troops to execute on their own.I'm no coder and i very much doubt that would take little time to put in the game like a small tweak or so.But for the most part I'm able to do what we both described without much problems.I find It still works well.

Maybe someone else see's it differently and maybe BFC could be looking into it,I don't know.They got a lot on their plate as is by the looks of things,and I think the team is few in number so you can't expect every detail to be well implemented in short time and dead on accurate,even though their goal is to be as accurate as possible and us admirers of their work will constantly push for that because we love what they created and believe it to be one of the most realistic tactical battle simulators that's well in our price range, we still gotta give them some breathing space and let some things slide for now:).

More testing...

Seems the nades tend to hit the ceiling of the house being assaulted and explode there. Probably still causes supression but not sure. Seems to happen more often with the perfectly "square" buildings and not so much with rectangles.

Whatever. If the end result is supressed and wounded bad guys inside the house from ceiling explosions then it is fine. I was just worried that every nade which exploded on the ceiling when being thrown in was wasted and had no effect.

If I make a movie of this who do I send it to for official review as to whether or not it is a small bug?

Lanzfeld,

I know exactly what you're talking about. The flurry of grenades from the "stack up" point outside the building tend to sail over the top of the building. If it is a single level building, many, if not all, of the grenades explode on the roof. The troops ignore the windows.

I would LIKE to see Target Light into a building from the adjacent action spot create the ability of troops to use the windows to fire and throw grenades into the building.

Yes, this is a shortcoming.

I do not know if this also occurs with multi-level buildings.

Ken