Para Question

rich12545

When modding Empire Deluxe I always wanted to include this unit but the AI couldn't handle it well.

So I'm wondering if the EoS AI can. Does the AI know to produce para and air transport near each other? Does it know to load paras onto air transports? Does it know to move air transports to a strategic distant location and drop paras? Seems a lot for an AI to be able to do.

When modding Empire Deluxe I always wanted to include this unit but the AI couldn't handle it well.

So I'm wondering if the EoS AI can. Does the AI know to produce para and air transport near each other? Does it know to load paras onto air transports? Does it know to move air transports to a strategic distant location and drop paras? Seems a lot for an AI to be able to do.

Unfortunately, the AI isn't handling paratroopers well.

It seems that when dealing with an open ended game like Empire, it's difficult (or impossible) to program the AI to handle certain details well and some things are useless when playing solo. That's what the situation was with Empire Enhanced so I took the things the program did well and set up a mod designed for solo play. Looks like that would be helpful here as well.

Here's an idea for redoing paras.

Instead of separate units for infantry and transport, make them one. A city can build a "para transport" aircraft that can be sent up to a maximum number of pixels. When it arrives, it can convert to the para infantry unit. Something like this should be able to be programmed with better success.

Here's an idea for redoing paras.

Instead of separate units for infantry and transport, make them one. A city can build a "para transport" aircraft that can be sent up to a maximum number of pixels. When it arrives, it can convert to the para infantry unit. Something like this should be able to be programmed with better success.

I think I should be able to program the air-transports/paratroopers into the system. It took some work getting sea-transports to work with ground units, but it's a similar problem.

I would think one problem would be to get the AI to build para and transport units close to each other and not halfway across the map. And then get the AI to be smart enough to drop paras in a place where they could do some good. I hope you can get it to work. I've always wanted paras in an Empire game.