Smoke and Dust?

Im in a pbem now where an arty barrage has come to an end at about with 1 second to go in watching the turn, there is alot of dust kicked up due to the barrage, I click on the done button to proceed to the next turn and the clouds of dust and debris seem to almost dissapear down to almost clear.Is that a glitch?The big dust clouds vanishing too quick.The visuals should not change at all when i click the done button, no?

Im in a pbem now where an arty barrage has come to an end at about with 1 second to go in watching the turn, there is alot of dust kicked up due to the barrage, I click on the done button to proceed to the next turn and the clouds of dust and debris seem to almost dissapear down to almost clear.Is that a glitch?The big dust clouds vanishing too quick.The visuals should not change at all when i click the done button, no?

There does seem to be some unexpected behaviour with dust in PBEMs. I saw the reverse of your situation in one game, where end of turn X, there was absolutely no smoke anywhere. The start of turn X + 1, technically 0.0001 seconds later, there were suddenly black clouds of smoke all over the battlefield; enemy BMPs had popped smoke, apparently towards the end of the last turn, but the smoke never showed up on the previous turn's movie when it should have.

Bowen42:

I have identified the bug in this manner:

At the end of PBEM playback dust is pronounced from an arty strike. When clicking "done" and the start of "Command orders" phase the dust in large part disappears. What I do not know is what happens with the next PBEM Playback. Does your partner see arty dust or what? Would he be willing to send a copy of his next turn? It will answer that question.

I can post pics of this but since they show YOUR units and what you can see of his...it will spoil the match. But we gotta 'em on the beta forum and man are you ....spoiler, spoiler, spoiler. Streets of Hamma!

Thanks for taking time to post...it's how these things get fixed

Thanks William! I have sent your side PBEM side to BFC and it shows the arty dust as very minimal as well. Since this is a short lived result of arty fire and does not occur with any kind of delivered "Smoke", it's not a real horrible bug...but bug it is. It's in BFC hands. My appreciation to you both in helping track this one down.