Fatal application error : out of memory

hey all, i made this HUGE map, a while back , and it was all good making it n all

never had any problems with it until now after i upgrade with the brit/marine add-on,

it doe's run some time's say for example i'll got to the 3d preview of the map, it loads, then i come out of that and go to the unit deploy tab, and it crashes stating fatal applicataion error out of memory???

just a bit wierd realy, got me confused. got a nice system to run it on.

dual core, with 8800gts 640mb. any one had anything like this? :confused:

i can still run the game, just failed on loading big map's at least just 1 so far

Do you know what your were trying to deploy on the map when it crashed ? If the crashing only occurs when attempting to deploy units onto the map, then there may be something wrong with the units that have been selected for the scenario.

What patch do you have installed right now ? The default for the modules (with British Forces installed) is 1.20. There is a 1.21 patch out that you may want to apply if you haven't already.

I have heard of an occasional problem with very large maps, but interestingly your having a problem specifically when you deploy units or are you having problems with this map doing other things in the editor ?

well at present it only tends to crash when i try and deploy units on the map, though this doesnt happen every time,

i have tried changing my nvidia settings from the desktop in the advanced image settings. i have moved the marker down to performance. as not only did i have the game set to max, i also set it further by these setting's via the desktop...

i do recall installing the module patch for both the british and marine add-on, but just remind me how to check what version of the game i am running?

thank's for the reply.

I'm not sure if the modules will make a difference. My guess is that if you purchased units in the game when you originally made it (several patches back), it MIGHT be possible that an unit that is in there is no longer correct. I can't recall if there have been any significant TOE changes in the units with any of the patches.

It may be worth noting what you've purchased and then deleting the whole lot and starting over again with the units.

Actually, do you run into this problem when attempting a 3D preview or does that work without problem ? Perhaps deleting all of the units, saving the file and reloading it and then attempt to do a 3D preview and see if it crashes.

There have been issues with large maps that may cause memory-related crashes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I had this error (out of memory) 2 times, too.

One in a QuickBattle and one in a scenario. Every time the ai calculates its turn when it happens. I suspect it depends from the amount of units (in both games there were about 500 men + 30 vehicles). it happens after playing a longer time (WEGO, count of turns varied, QB maybe 15 turns, scenario 60 turns).

OS is XP, RAM 3 GB (the max with a 32bit OS), CMSF + Marines + British, Patch 1.21 (I think, the newest).

I am a little bit confused, because the other report of users with this error I ve read happens mostly when they load something and not during playing...

Greetings, Alex

(and like always: sorry for bad english!)