CMBB Patches?

Just installed CMBB on this PC. My ATI card Radeon HD 2400 Pro card has been giving me

Fits on startup. So I installed a old nVIDA GeForce2 AGP-V7700 32 mb card. So I can run

CMBO and CMBB. I have CMBB ver 1.0 US CD version from Battlefront 2002.

I have download patches 1.01,1.02,1.03 to my desktop. is this the order I need to install the patches.

Thanks for any info.

Zane

Yes, that should be the order of download.

Start-up CMBB and look at the Splash Screen, at the bottom right it should now show you the updated version...Hopefully 1.03.

If it doesnt show 1.03 on Splash Screen, then you may need to go into your CMBB folder and manually install or run 1.03 ( PC-CD looking icon ).

Yes, you will need to install the 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03 patches in that order. Unlike CMAK, CMBB needed each patch installed since they were incremental. Whereas CMAK allows you to install just the 1.03 patch from any previous version since it is comprehensive.

The main differences with the patches is the fixed/additional artwork and maybe some sounds. The executable file gets replaced in each one. I believe most other files remain untouched.

What are the 'fits on startup' that you're seeing ? If it is a blank Scenario/Op list, then Alt-Tab'ing out of the game to minimize it and then remaximizing the game should refresh the screen to display the text. You may need to Alt-Tab at each 2D screen to refresh the display. The other issue that you'll typically see with Radeons is that the text in the game (beyond the 'setup' menus) is invisible. This will require the "Radeon_Text_Fix.zip" file. You can find the download in this Knowledgebase article on unreadable text (the link is not very prominent). You can probably skip attempting to change the anti-aliasing setting for your video card as mentioned in the article since this probably won't work (the text remains invisible with it on or off).

Schrullenhaft,

I remember seeing you on these Forums yrs ago. Still helping folks. That sure is nice you do that.

About startup problems with my PC. I have a custom made PC Approx 5 yrs old.

A ABit KV8 Motherboard with a AMD Athlon 64bit 3000+ approx 2.1 gig. I GB memory.

When I would push the pwr button the PC would try to boot up but just would go to a blank screen with a white mark in corner? I would keep starting and it would boot up half way

and hang up. after sometimes 10 attemps It would Load up ok. and be ok till I had to reboot

then it would hang up again. Just to isolate problem I had a spare 3D card in a backup PC

I removed the ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro 512 MB card I got from Circuit City when they went out busness. and installed the nVIDIA 32MB AGP-V7700 GeForce2 GTS and the starup problem was gone. And I can run CMBO and CMBB now. This card seems to work fine.

My OS is Windows XPSP3.

My system is old, And I am old just turned 73.

I was surprised to Folks still playing CMBO and CMBB. since the game came out approx 10 yrs ago.

A question I have is CMMOS program and the rule sets still around? I see MCMMM

is around but I Just could never figure out how to use it.?

Thank you sir

Have a good one

'Zane" Real name is Lane.

I wonder if your power supply isn't fully adequate to run the ATI HD 2400 card. Are there any power connectors on the video card that need to have something plugged into them ? Perhaps upgrading your power supply MIGHT get the video card to work a bit better.

Do you know what the exact model of your Abit KV8 motherboard is ? KV8-Pro, KV8-MAX, etc.

There MIGHT be options in the motherboard BIOS to possibly have the video card boot in a bit more stable state, but I'm not sure what is offered in the BIOS. A setting such as "AGP Driving Control" should be set to "Auto" (which is usually the default). The "AGP Aperture Size" needs to be set as large as possible, that might be 128MB or 256MB on this board. Experimenting with the "AGP Fast Writes" or "AGP 3.0 Calibration cycle" settings might help too.

Unfortunately I'm pretty UNknowledgeable about the Mod Managers for the CMx1 series.

Schrullenhaft,

Thanks for that info. My MotherBoard is a ABIT KV8 PRO. The ATI HD 2400 Pro sets in

my AGP slot and requires a external Pwr which I connected to it from my 350 Watt PS.

ATI system requirements says at lease a 270 watt or greater PWR supply. OS Windows Vista, All versons windows XP. Right now my old ASUS AGP-V7700 sets in my AGP Slot

with no external Pwr. And runs like a "Champ." Systems Boots up normal.

Runs All my programs CMBB CMBO ok. The only Sim that I am a little worry about is MS Fs9. the FPS when flying in clouds. the V7700 just has 32MB.

My ATI card ran ok for serveral Months then the problems with Boot up, which a times would take as high as 10 times to get XPSP3 Pro.OS to load.

Thanks for the tips about what to check in my BIOS Settings I have a book showing defaut settings I will check that out.

Again Thanks

Zane