A Few Cool Things I Learned About Baked Scenarios

Lanzfeld

Again, playing around and I wanted to post for those of you who like to make battles. A few things about baking...

1. Finally Blue side AI can start with javelins, extra ammo, and extra AT-4's. Basically you can have them stock up with the stuff in the vehicles then have them move to where you want them. Works way better for defense but you could attack this way (you would have to give them ALL the attack orders in one shot....hard to do). Same with red....now you can give red MG's more ammo!

2. You can start AI vehicles unbuttoned. Better spotting until tac AI buttons them.

3. You can have the AI start with timed arty missions.

Now remember that AI baked units on map at the start will not follow any "plan" except what you order them but reenforcments will (but no extra ammo or javelins).

Have fun!

After you make a scenario you can give specific orders to the AI like you can as if you were playing as them. Fast, hunt, aquire, ect... Just like a big string of orders. This is "baking" it.

The bad news is that after they complete the orders they wont follow the AI "plan". They will just do the last order you gave them as scenario maker like ambush or hide or covered arcs.

This is why I say it is better for defending.

That may be so but I can think of no other way to get javelins in the hands of the AI. Is there?

For the US army, not that I can think of. For Marine or Brit javelin teams however, they start dismounted with CLU and 2 missiles per launcher. It is a fudged work around to get some AI javelin threat against the human player (if you have the modules) in an Army mission.