Spanish Civil War

If anybody is interested--

I am working on a Spanish Civil War total mod.

It is to include interface, uniforms, flags, a few vehicles, and, of course, battles (including the siege of Alcazar). I surveyed the internet, and as far as I can tell, no one has done this so far.

I'm about half done and will want to post the mods somewhere, but I can host a web site if I need to.

I just wonder if there is any interest in such a thing (It is a lot of work, and very time consuming).

- Pavlov

:eek: That sounds like a huge undertaking for one person. I would suggest maybe waiting for CMBB and them modding that (yours could be the first total mod).

It would suck if you slaved away on a CMBO mod and got it finished in september and the next day CMBB was released and no one was interested.

Good luck either way.

Originally posted by Mike:

I think a SCW mod might be more appropriate for CMBB - much of the early war equipment will be more accurate than you can get in CMBO!!

This is a good point and, no doubt, good advice. It did occur to me but I have been impatient. In any case, vehicles were less ubiquitous in the Spanish Civil War and there are many battles were they simply did not play a major role.

However, this leads to another interesting question concerning CMBB; will it use the same texture maping systom? In other words can CMBO mods be easily adapted to CMBB?

Not like Blenheim I will play it if it comes alife (I´m spanish too).

IMHO it´s not a good point. Germans, americans or russians shouldn´t play CM (CMBO or CMBB) because they participated in the war? I encourage the people to play it (or whatever total conversion) and will help learning a bit of history.

Off course are just my thoughts.

PS: as the other I recommend to wait for CMBB as, a part of all the improvements, the game will be suited much better (because of available weaponry) to recreate the war, specially for the republican side (are you going to arm the republicans with Shermans? smile.gif More likely with T-26.

S!

• 1 year later...