Shooting The Whole AT Load At Once

Lanzfeld

More testing here.

Setup Marine squad with 75 meter ambush and rolled tank by them. Marines have 2 laws (M-72's) and 3 AT-4's.

Marines fire 5(!!!) AT assets in less then 1 second at single tank.

Repeat test 6 times. Same results.

Dont you think they should hold on to some of these for later???

Now I know I can split my Marine squad but still. A little control fellas!!!

Tweak needed?

EDIT: I see this has been talked about a little here: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=89596

Well...I thought this would be very logical but I will explain anyway.

If I have 5 AT assets I think it would be wise to shoot maybe 2 of them and see results.

If tanks dead then you still have 3 more AT assets for, OMG, another tank!!

If tank not dead, shoot again.

At least wait 3 seconds before shooting ALL your AT.

Same as shooting the whole clip out of your M4 at each target. Better to do a burst and see results.

BTW: Tank died everytime. The point is squad shot all AT before first one even hit! or quick enough that you couldnt tell result from first hit.

Yeah, as I've stated before, regardless of whether or not it's tactically wise, I'm really skeptical a squad could actually do that IRL -- that's a lot of weapons with backblast going off more or less at once, and I would think that coordinating positions so that no one got their @ss fried would preclude firing them all more or less at once, even for those huge USMC squads.

Is this without Target orders?

IIRC I have seen many squads using only 1 AT asset one at a time, without any fire orders. However I tend to be careful targeting units with full squads since that will deplete all available assets. I see this behavior as 'cumbersome', although there is some logic in it. When targeting any other target it is usually obviously intended to shoot every weapon at it (soldiers, houses, mg's, etc).

Since I have restarted my play of CMSF I have finished half of the marines campaign and half of the British campaign; I have never seen this problem during those missions. However I tend to opt for destruction of enemy tanks BEFORE they reach my position ;)

I started a similar thread some time ago after watching my guys burns through there AT load quickly or instantly.

BF stated that command and control had something to do with it. If they were in C2, they would be less likely to all fire at once. If not, they acted more individually (and each pixel guy decided to fire).

I haven't tested further.