This game is gorgeous, but there is one big bug

Emmeth

Hi,

this game is simply a masterpiece !!

There is only one show stopper ( demo ). During the game, expecially after a couple of turns, the map keep on showing the green version of itself , I mean the one you see when you select an airplane with only your stuff highlighted and all the rest is greyed/greened out.

This happens despiting what section you click , platform or whatever action you take. The problem is that this happens all time long and the only way to get rid of this persistent huge bug is to save , exit and load again. Recently even worst this trick doesn't work anymore and I keep on playing with everything greened out. I simply can't go on anymore.

I have demo version 776, I saw there is a 777 to try but I can't find a link to upgrade the demo and the dedmo itself still cann't find the 777 with the update function.....

Could you please help me ? I have W7 64bit ATI 5870 I have no problems with all the games I have both old or new.

Thanks in advance

It seems I can get rid of it with a fastidious way, anyway it seems to be feasible :

Place a transport near a coast and each single turn I move it , this way ( moving the transport ) the game is forced to let you see the map and after the move the map keep on being on clear state, at least until the next tunr where I have to do everything from scratch.

Thanks for the help.

EoS seems to be very demanding memory wise. Do you have a lot of other applications running at the same time? I have never seen that bug in the release version, but each time the program updates a turn, the map is briefly replaced with the startup screen.

Hi,

this game is simply a masterpiece !!

There is only one show stopper ( demo ). During the game, expecially after a couple of turns, the map keep on showing the green version of itself , I mean the one you see when you select an airplane with only your stuff highlighted and all the rest is greyed/greened out.

This happens despiting what section you click , platform or whatever action you take. The problem is that this happens all time long and the only way to get rid of this persistent huge bug is to save , exit and load again. Recently even worst this trick doesn't work anymore and I keep on playing with everything greened out. I simply can't go on anymore.

I have demo version 776, I saw there is a 777 to try but I can't find a link to upgrade the demo and the dedmo itself still cann't find the 777 with the update function.....

Could you please help me ? I have W7 64bit ATI 5870 I have no problems with all the games I have both old or new.

Thanks in advance

Hi Emmeth. I haven't seen that particular bug, but could you take a screenshot for me? I'll put my email into your private messages. Or you can post it here. You can use [--img]http://www.empiresofsteel.com/assets/images/Screenshot51.png[--/img] to post images right into the forum area. Remove the "--" from the text.

As far as the version numbers, version 1.01.776 is the version number for the Demo and 1.01.777 is the version number for the full-game.

HI Brit,

thanks for your quick support.

I sent you an email.

The picture will show a normal first turn where I selected the Zeppelin and the screen greened out. That's the normal and intended behaviour I know, the problem surfaces after a few more turns ( it gets worse and worse later ) , I mean this greened map pops up ALWAYS, despiting you select a whatever unit , city etc... there is absolutely no chance to get rid of the greened map even if you select a terrain platform.

I found that saving, restarting a loaded game may help for 2-3 turns but then everything comes back to the green nightmare. It also happens than during the green time if you make a trade the map becomes normal for 2 seconds but then it comes back to green state ( like when you select an air unit ) for ever.

When the " air " green map appears there is absolutely NOTHING you can do ,AFAIK, to get rid of it other then.....posting here :)

Thanks in advance for the help

Keep up the good work, this game is great indeed.

Cheers

P.S: didn't you state on some posts that the 777 update was intended also for the demo or am I mistaken ?