Found another bug

rich12545

In the hope that bug was in fact fixed I started another game. Setup was on an island with two starting cities. Island was a bit bigger. I could not build a ship or shipyard in either city because it apparently wasn't a coastal city although both looked it. One of the cities already had a destroyer in it. I was able to move the destroyer into the ocean, even though neither was a coastal city.

Okay, after 15 turns or so I can now buy ships in these towns, even tho the only thing I researched was Biplanes...

The bug in the last version had an odd effect: if you discover a large amount of water around your coastal city, it was considered to be a "coastal city". This means that at the beginning of the game, your coastal cities "aren't coastal cities", but if you fly your zeppelin around and discover more water near the city, then it is considered a coastal city. If you loaded a saved game and there was already a large amount of water discovered around your city, then it worked fine.

Anyway, an update is available.

I'm experiencing a problem where a coastal city doesn't have ocean access. The city can construct ships, has the small anchor, but ships can't leave or enter the city.

There is an rare issue where some cities just barely have sea-access. (Usually, they have access in one small passage to the upper-right, upper-left, lower-right, or lower-left.) They can build ships, but can't sail in or out of the city. I'll be looking into it. If you think it's a different issue, or you're having this problem with a lot of cities, let me know.