Nividia 61.76 drivers problem

mscano

I've got a computer running Windows98SE. When I install the 61.76 drivers and try to run any CM game, I get blue screen of death. When I use older drivers (56.64), the games run fine. Anyone else have this problem and how is it fixed? Video card is a Geforce4 ti4200 w/ 128mb ram.

:confused:

NVidia support all cards back to the TNT1 in the newest drivers, and they don't exclude any Win32 Windows variant (except maybe 95).

But first of all you need to try the newest drivers, 66.93 as of today.

You should report this bug to their drivers forum:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=26

If you want any change of success, use a more descriptive subject line ("Blue screen with 61.76 on Win86SE"), not just "problem with".

And make sure you test with the CM demo and point your thread there to the demo so that they have a chance to test it.

Originally posted by TufenHuden:

The nvidias 61.76 only really supports 5'something

FX's cards-Yours is a GF-4 type I would say the

56.64 for Win-98SE is probly the highest you can go [...]

Just to be sure this got through: the above is nonsense. All NVidia drivers support all cards back to the TNT 1.

Originally posted by mscano:

I've got a computer running Windows98SE. When I install the 61.76 drivers and try to run any CM game, I get blue screen of death. When I use older drivers (56.64), the games run fine. Anyone else have this problem and how is it fixed? Video card is a Geforce4 ti4200 w/ 128mb ram.

:confused:

YES, I DO!!!!!!!!!

I just installed the 61.76 drivers when I got Half-Life 2 --- which, BTW, runs fine with 'em --- but whenever I try and run CMAK or CMBB, the 'ol BSOD!!!!!

WTF????

PS: Win98SE / GeForce4 Ti 4600 (no overclocking!).

AAARRRRGGGHHH, etc, etc, etc...

EDIT: It would appear that the 66.93 WHQL drivers for Win2k / XP are the same as 61.76 Win9x. Double-ARRGGGGG!!!

[ November 30, 2004, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: von Lucke ]