Another one of those cool moments

Mord

Another very recent cool moment, In a quick battle I played yesterday, I had a TOW armed Humvee fire at a BTR that was maybe 500 meters away. As I tracked the TOW missile heading for the BTR, I see it suddenly change course a little bit upward, and skim a solid 3 meters over the BTR and detonate quite a ways behind it. Looking back I see the top cover coming down over my now-buttoned TOW gunner, and I realize; I heard a burst of small arms fire nearby after the missile fired... A second or two after my gunner fired his TOW, he was fired upon by infantry that got a little too close and he decided to button up, leaving the missile's controls unattended, which caused it to veer off and miss the target.

AWESOME!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Homo Ferricus that is awesome.I Haven't seen a tow Humvee in game for a while now.

Also awesome to hear there's gonna be a CMSF2.That's now 4 titles CM:Normandy,CM:Afghanistan,CM:NATO and CMSF2 to look forward to and on my list of must get.Now i got to keep finding time to play all these titles and as i get older like most people time becomes a harder thing to find lol.

As for a cool moment, Watching a Javelin being fired at night from 600 meters out from the enemy Machine guns point of view is always cool.A shinning shooting star just for you, ain't it lovely.

I Haven't seen a tow Humvee in game for a while now.

I come across them regularly when doing quick battles with Marines. For some reason, it seems like the only Marine formations that the quick battle generator wants to give you are CAAT and LAR platoons. Either that, or I end up with a force consisting of half dismounted TOW teams, and half engineers or whatever odd unit you can think of. It's quite odd and quite frustrating. It feels like a really bad episode of "Worst Case Scenario".

• 4 months later...

What?! Hasn't there been a cool moment this year? Okay, let me give you one.

In a PBEM: T90 hunting a scimitar, but there is a challenger lurking nearby. I've worked out a way for the T90 to have LOS to the scimitar and not the challenger, so I carefully plot the move:

< fast move + hunt to line of sight of scimitar, focus the area target to where the scimitar is, pause for 15 secs to give T90 time to see and smite the scimitar, reverse back into safety>

When I get the move back from my opponent the first thing I see is the challenger moving forward into LOS of my T90s hunting position!

My T90 rumbles forward to what I expect will be its doom...

But no!

The T90 stops at the end of its move, sees the challenger and scimitar at the same time, slams into reverse out of harms way of the challenger, and while moving looses off a round that destroys the scimitar!

Nice example of AI of CMSF in action! Good job Charles!