Game features?

rich12545

And does it come with a print friendly pdf manual?

Yeah, we could've printed out a manual. The major question was whether or not a printed version was better than a hyperlinked manual. I prefer a hyperlinked manual to a printed one, and didn't quite understand how a printed version would add to the package.

I wasn't asking about a printed manual but a printable pdf which is nice. It wouldn't add any additional cost to the game publication and would allow customers to print it out, sit down, and read it. You might be surprised how many gamers like to read manuals.

Also, I believe you missed the question on top.

Will there be a list of features that come with the release game, especially the differences from the latest beta demo?

I wasn't asking about a printed manual but a printable pdf which is nice. It wouldn't add any additional cost to the game publication and would allow customers to print it out, sit down, and read it. You might be surprised how many gamers like to read manuals.

Fair enough.

Also, I believe you missed the question on top.

Will there be a list of features that come with the release game, especially the differences from the latest beta demo?

Some of the additional stuff that you aren't seeing in the demo version:

- Ability to play games on random maps and custom-built maps/scenarios, on a variety of map sizes.

- Ability to create and save your own maps, scenarios, and rules.

- Ability to load other people's maps, scenario, and rules in the editor.

- Ability to upload your work (your custom built maps, scenarios, rules) to the game-server for other players.

Screenshot52.png

- Ability to download other people's work (custom maps, scenarios, rules) from the game-server. I'll also be uploading some new stuff for players. The voting system should help the best work rise to the top, and the download system allows you to sort these files by their popularity. The file-comment system is temporarily shut-off because of some interface changes, but it should be up and running soon. This will allow players to comment on each other's shared files.

Screenshot51.png

- Get updates to user uploads. (For example, if someone makes a map, scenario, or ruleset, and you download it, then they update the file to make the game more balanced, you can automatically get the new and improved update to that file.)

- Create a user-account - which gives you a reserved chat name; a username that's linked to your uploads; and tracking of your wins, losses, turns played, time played.

- In the next update, the game will tell you how many people are available to play online, and allows you to tag people as friends, and tells you if they are in the chat-room.

In the longer term, I see more features being added, including expansion of the game system to allow for other units, city-improvements, historical periods, rules, game-variations.

Can you say custom map heaven! If that all works as good as it looks in that screenshot above, man this game will have a huge amount of user created maps in no time.

Yeah. The only problem is there's only 4 terrain types. So I've been pushing for terrain sets and it looks like a future feature.