Locked ships

Sivodsi

Fun game, a couple of frustrations though.

I'm pretty sure that this is not new, but I couldn't see anything.

Sent a destroyer around to explore the dark areas, and the darned things get locked. Can't move them anywhere.

Is this supposed to simulate shipwrecks?

Also, I'm having difficulty loading onto transports when not at port. Is there any guide for this?

This is just sad.

1 - rich's thread about ships getting locked down is RIGHT BELOW YOUR POST. I will NOT believe you could not find it.

2 - The transport "HOW TO" sticky is right above your thread. I will not believe you could not find it either.

so sorry for saddening

1. there is no titled thread about locked ships, and the searches I did reveals nothing (I've never had much luck with search in the new forum)

2. the "how to" only covers getting units off, not loading on.

(and I've just downloaded the new version, which seems to have improved behavior, I'll let you know if there are any new problems)

3. Probably should not have been drinking before posting. Oh well.

Sent a destroyer around to explore the dark areas, and the darned things get locked. Can't move them anywhere.

Hi Sivodsi. Are you using the latest version of the game? I ask because this was a problem in earlier versions, but I thought this was fixed in later versions. (Maybe it's just less common in later versions.) The current version of the demo is 0.97.10701. Let me know if you're using that version.

so sorry for saddening

1. there is no titled thread about locked ships, and the searches I did reveals nothing (I've never had much luck with search in the new forum).

He had the vague title, "This just happened twice," which could be about anything (tho does mouseover work for you?). Not your fault if someone else isn't specific with their topic.

In any event I've had this happen to me several times, always when I've put a ship (usually a DD) on a course into the shroud to do some exploring.