How to make Intro/Load screens?

Ok I did the easy part and got a bunch of pics to use. But simply tried adding them into another splashscreen(FUTUREs_CMSF_Mods) mod and it doesn't work. What are the parameters for these screens(max rez, size, format, etc.) for the game?

I was even thinking of using GIMP and making like a montage for the splash, savegames, and loading screens. I downloaded it and it's a bit daunting. I just don't know where to start. Not sure if I have the time and patience for that.

Would be great if all you had to do is find a pic and drop it in.

MikeyD, your stuff is pretty intimidating. Going back several years now, time and time again you dish out excellent stuff. Hell, I still remember your first mod for CMBB, pretty sure it was the Valentine.

And here I am in MS Paint stretching, skewing, and cropping, trying to draw a box the exact number of pixels it needs to be. Boy do I feel stupid. I sat there with a calculator trying to figure out what percentage I needed to shrink to get the exact size. :P

OMFG I'm not alone, LOL! :D

I gave up with MS Paint, go grab GIMP and have at it, there's tutorials available as well.

I just uploaded my very first splashscreen mod earlier. I learned quite a bit already. Had to add some black background for the scenario description area. Then made a new CMSF logo. Other than that, I just simply changed the rez to 1024x768 or close to it. Then changed it from jpg to bmp. I think that was the main problem I had before hand, kept just renaming the extension, didn't work.

I'm gonna go for a fancy montage eventually incorporating several pics with effects.